HELP IM SO SCARED i think i did somehting wrong?

i think i stole something from the store i saw a sale on blistex lip balm and it said buy one get one free i just put it in my pocket and i didnt see it on the reciept im really scared help me!!

Favorite Answer

Being scared for that is.....well don't worry they won't be coming after you. If it bothers you next time you are in the store, I wouldn't make a special trip, just mention to the clerk that you accidently forgot to pay for a blistex last time you were there and you would like to pay for it. All that will happen is they will say is "Wow, thanks man that kinda honesty just isn't around these days."

Source(s): I used to manage a Blockbuster store. I had to deal with actual shoplifters. A 99 cent tube of lip balm isn't really a big deal.

Dont be scared, its only lip balm, and it says buy one get one free. so just go back to the store, and tell them what happend, and what you thought. You realized whats wrong so thats all that matters :) the store will appreciate it. Oh yes, and you may offer to pay it, to make "amends". I think they will say that its not necessary but I think they will ring it up, because store needs to log in every product to keep track of their stock. and dont forget the receipt!

Go back and pay for what you have kept in your pocket. THEN, ask for the one you are supposed to get free.

Honesty pays - the stores people appreciate it. In case they are not, at least your conscience will keep you happy - in stead of thinking about this in your future !!

• Jeff M

If you're scared, take it back to the store and tell them what happened.

go back and show them your receipt before anything happens. that should clear it up. they will know u bought one already. next time make sure they see the extra one cause its still considered stealing untill its been ringed up

Just go back and pay for it or whatever. You'll be fine, they should appreciate the honesty

its too late they called the cops

Source(s): i saw posters of your wanted pictures hanging on walls around