Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWinter SportsSnowboarding · 1 decade ago

Is Lib Tech skate banana worth it?

Really, is it? Does the magna traction and all that really make a huge difference? From what I've read about it, it seems like the ultimate board, handles great on ice, great pop, great flex for presses etc, and rips powder. How is it to anyone who's ridden it? No-one I know has one because of the price. What do you think?

I'll be riding it hard, every day. Hit max jumps of about 40 ft. Don't do the 70 footers and don't plan to. Ride powder too, and jib.

Favorite Answer

Lib Tech makes some great boards, but the skate banana does kind of get overhyped as something its not. Some people say its an all mountain board, but its really not, at least for advanced riders because it does not do well at high speeds or have the pop and stability on huge landings of a cambered board

I have one and usually don't do anything more than park with it because once you start riding anything else Camber/Rocker blows it away

Magnatraction does make a big difference, one of the biggest things you notice is the difference in edgehold. It goes through ice like butter. It also allows you to ride with your board detuned for the park and not lose any edge hold on the rest of the mountain. Another benefit of magnatraction is that it gives you amazing control over the board

the skate banana would most likely work ok for you and you'd like it, but i think you'd like a board with camber/rocker a lot more. It gives you the best of both worlds, float in pow and easy presses of rocker and stability and pop of camber.

If you want to stick with lib tech the 2011 Lib Tech TRS with c2 btx is an option... if you want something with a little more flex, the never summer evo is the best choice

Lib Tech Skate Banana 2011

I know a few people who have it and it's not worth it. There is a lot of hype about it, but there isn't a big difference between the Lib Tech Skate Banana and other boards. That being said, Lib Tech is a good manufacture, and I do think that the Skate Banana is a good board, but it's too overpriced.

If you can find it for cheap, go for it, but if not, another board will suffice.

~ Caty

You are going to get haters for everything dude. I used to ride a Burton when I started for 4 years and then a NeverSummer for 2 years and the last 2 years I switched to a Lib-Tech Travis Rice.

It's simply the best board I have ever ridden. I used my friends Neversummer SLR this year for one weekend ride, but it just didnt cut it.

Magnetraction MTX makes all the difference. The ppl that dont think its good are the ones that dont have it so they talk smack about it. Ask any rider that rides a board with BTX if they will ever go back and I bet you almost all of them will say "hell no".

I have dulled all the edges on my board for the park and it still cuts through the icy on the groomers like a freakin hacksaw. I take my TR everywhere. Park, pipe, big jumps with 30 foot tabletops and even the powder. The SB is more for the park because it has more flex and more reverse camber than the TR, but if thats your riding style, then you wont regret it. Ignore all the ppl telling you its overrated, talk to the ppl that have it. Not the jealous ones that demo'd it but cant afford to buy it.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Is Lib Tech skate banana worth it?

Really, is it? Does the magna traction and all that really make a huge difference? From what I've read about it, it seems like the ultimate board, handles great on ice, great pop, great flex for presses etc, and rips powder. How is it to anyone who's ridden it? No-one I know has one...

Source(s): lib tech skate banana worth it: https://shortly.im/thm22

ive ridden friends and i think its overrated and over priced, its a really good board but not as good as some say, if u can find it for very cheap then get it, don't pay if its less than 40% off

• SmokE

I don't think it's worth it unless u find it cheap. But that's just me. It's a fun board but over hyped IMO.