Jack asked in PetsDogs · 9 years ago

What is the diference between I.K.C and K.C registrations for dogs?

I was looking at dogs and some were I.K.C registered, some were K.C registerd and some were A.K.C registered. What is the difference ?

Favorite Answer

IKC - Irish Kennel Club

KC - UK Kennel Club

AKC - American Kennel Club

@ Jennifer M

Yeah, it may mean that aswell, not sure. I guess it depends where the asker saw them.

I think the Irish Kennel Club is just the national kennel club here, our version of the KC or AKC. Don't know much about them myself though.

• Where are you at?

AKC stands for American Kennel Club and is a reputable registry.

KC generally stands for Kennel Club...which is the reputable registry in the UK.

IKC Stands for International Kennel Club, and I would not get an IKC registered dog. I would only go for KC, AKC, or CKC (Canadian Kennel Club....but check and make sure it isn't the CONTINENTAL Kennel CLub. CanKC is good, ConKC is bad)

There are TONS of registries out there, but many I can register my Left shoe as a purebred pomeranian if I paid the fee. Many are scams.

@Jen~ I stand corrected. Irish Kennel Club...and I can honestly say I do not know enough to say if they are a good registry or not. There is the International Kennel Club floating around out there....which I KNOW is not a good registry.

Welll if they are I.K.C registered they are registered internationally if they are K.C they are just registered in your local Kennel Club. If they are A.K.C they are registered in America.

They are all different Kennel Clubs but the registration is pretty much the same.

I.K.C - Irish Kennel Club

K.C - Kennel Club (UK)

A.K.C - American Kennel Club

• Erika

Ikc Breeders

• Ocimom

AKC is a legit registry - IKC and KC may be bogus/fake backyard breeder or puppy mill registeries.