Is ritalin the same thing as methamphetamine?

Hello, I was perscribed 20mgs Metadate yesterday for ADHD. I took the pill today (* been about 4-5 years since I've taken any form of ritalin *) and cleaned for about 3-4 hours.. I had to be moving while on it. I was extremely focused.. My crash was rough, it lasted about 2-3 hours, but was followed by... show more Hello,

I was perscribed 20mgs Metadate yesterday for ADHD. I took the pill today (* been about 4-5 years since I've taken any form of ritalin *) and cleaned for about 3-4 hours.. I had to be moving while on it. I was extremely focused.. My crash was rough, it lasted about 2-3 hours, but was followed by depression and fatigue. The medical compound of Metadate is: methylphenidate - this is a derivative of methamphetamine - prehaps??? I want to know what I am taking, is it a form of methamphetamine? If so, what makes it different other than it not being as strong?

Thanks.

P.S: Non-ADHD people need not answer this question!