How come young peoples definition of "having a life" is partying?

The 18-25 age group, their definition of "having a life" is going out clubbing and going to parties. And if you're not doing that, then it's because "you dont have a life" LOL, I love it. I spend every night in the gym getting huge instead of going out and partying, but to these people,... show more The 18-25 age group, their definition of "having a life" is going out clubbing and going to parties. And if you're not doing that, then it's because "you dont have a life" LOL, I love it. I spend every night in the gym getting huge instead of going out and partying, but to these people, I might as well be sitting home all night playing dungeons and dragons LMAO too funny.

So how come "having a life" revolves around aclohol and parties for these people? not something respectable like a sport or job?
Update: fisher_123: LOL is that right? damn you sure did figure me out!, wow how did ya guess?