Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 10 years ago

How come young peoples definition of "having a life" is partying?

The 18-25 age group, their definition of "having a life" is going out clubbing and going to parties. And if you're not doing that, then it's because "you dont have a life" LOL, I love it. I spend every night in the gym getting huge instead of going out and partying, but to these people, I might as well be sitting home all night playing dungeons and dragons LMAO too funny.

So how come "having a life" revolves around aclohol and parties for these people? not something respectable like a sport or job?

fisher_123: LOL is that right? damn you sure did figure me out!, wow how did ya guess?

Favorite Answer

A young person's life from 18-25yrs old has only been born into consciousness, around 15, maybe 14. That is when we start to relate our self to the rest of the world, in someway. How do we fit into it? How are we special in someway? They may have a small idea how hard grown ups have to work, to just survive, and make ends meet.

They think, and might even be correct that grown ups are fools at times. Working 40-50hrs a week to Just get enough to pay your bills. Having a rotten boss, complaining co-workers, ungrateful children, and yet a lot of parents will still sacrifice to survive, in hopes life will get better, and not being sure. Kids say to them self I won't get like that. I am going to enjoy life now when I can. And in a lot of ways they are right. They have their basic needs cared for, so why not enjoy the pleasures. The foolish mistake they is not being responsible, so they do not make a mistake, that will put them in the hard life that most adults are in. Of course a lot of adults have a hard life, not always from their own choice. Layoffs, medical crisis, a car accident, a death in the family, your savings is lost by a criminal ad-visor. There are Their are people who did everything right, and still lost everything they had. And they are 45,55, 65, or older.

Now the young people are just trying to enjoy life, and say I have lived. And a lot of them think if you think too much of the problems of the world, or consequences of their actions, they are not living. Think about using Condoms, or other birth control pills, is a drag, and too much adult like. And That thinking is what will get a lot of young people into the hard way of life, when they did not have to. Or get them in the hard way of life sooner then needed to be.

We are in our 5th generation of children having children, where the average age id 15. 50% will not finish high school, 90% will not go to college. Most will live in poverty for 11yrs, before they get a better life. 30% never get out of poverty. They do drugs, and put them self in position for others to take advantage of them, and help them go down the wrong road. They not only deal with a hard life for them self, but punish their child, or children to have a hard life. All because they only want to think about fun, and nothing else. Fun in life is the dessert, and the meat is the knowledge, and the veggies the nurishment. You can not live on Dessert alone.

• ?

Partying Definition

Maybe the only reason they're doing that is that, it is the only way they know how they could find happiness on their own through partying. I think not most of the young people do that. As for me, I am already 23 and never had the chance to go on a partying night or whatsoever. You can call me KJ, but i don't like that kind of stuff. I rather spend my time with my family after work or watch some movies rather than having an overnight party.

Source(s): just an opinion.

Just have fun doing what you like. It's nice to experience the clubbing scene to make sure you're not missing anything you might enjoy. Personally, as a young adult I had to force myself to go and didn't really enjoy it till my late twenties when it became my decision to go. Even then, there were very specific activities I enjoyed: dancing, karaoke, sight-seeing, and people-watching. I also enjoy other things, like being alone with a favorite hobby. To your credit, you already know what you like to do, and it just happens to be going to the gym getting huge. You do have a life.

people consider having a life interacting with people, and most young people these days use partying as their main source of their social life

im 17 and in school many people love to go out and get drunk but there are also a lot more teens now saying no to that stuff because they have realised the consequences.. my friend loved it and one night she passed out and a guy peed on her and she ended up in hospital.. she hasnt gone out for nearly 2 years now.. i geuss somethign has to happen for someone to stop.. i was like that but a few things happened and i got over it. id rather watch movies with my bf then be getting drunk and hooking up with randoms

• Adam

Someone's bitter they're not having fun.

But seriously, all people have different ides of fun. No one is truly superior.

-Because They're young, foolish, THINK they're gonna live Forever, and blissfully Unaware- that when the "Music Stops", they're going to be working like Dogs for the rest of Their Lives ! ;)

Source(s): The Hard of It.

because that's what the popular/pretty people do

that's who mostly everybody wants to be (don't deny it people, its the truth)

so they are seen as having a life, as stupid as it is

and everybody else is just pushed aside :\

you know as great as your trying to sound let me point out you can go to a party or clubbing and not DRINK also

telling people you love getting huge just let them know how fat you trully are! lolz