Why is the death toll so high each week in Pakistan on the news?

Every time I read the news I see another disaster in Pakistan.

Didn't they just have like a plane crash with over 100 people.

Then I'm reading today something happened with about 40+ people being killed.

Is certain media just chosen to focus on them a lot?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

At the moment Pakistan is suffering terrible floods because of the monsoons...and there has been over 1,000 people killed in the past few days... somewhat more than your reported 40+

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-1084779...

• 1 decade ago

Because Aids in North America and the Death Toll by it not seen as part of worldwide problem .

Complacency is ensured by saying oh those poor people but it does not effect us.

Also a law suit has not been filed yet by U.S. Citizens against the Governments and pharmaceutical companies for creating false security by letting people think Aids is primarily a disease of impoverished

Africa. Sub Saharan Africa .

Source(s): Aids education ,Boston Legal series lawsuit girls brought against abstinence group and school in t.v. series, BBC News 1995,2004,2004 1980's news archives. own ideas.
  • 1 decade ago

The death toll from natural and man-made disasters can be quite large sometimes. There's nothing unusual about Pakistan in that regard.

• 1 decade ago

-Because it's a poor, crowded Country, & Life is Cheap. So when Something happens There, alot of People usually Die- & the World media reports It. :(

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.