TEACHERS: Would you take the fall to avoid observation?

Favorite Answer

It is very unfortunate, but often times teachers in their first years of teaching are overwhelmed beyond belief with very little support. If they do not have a mentor teacher, a supportive principal or assistant principals, and other resources to help with discipline and classroom management (because inevitably the teachers with the least experience usually get the students with the most behavior issues--this is a WHOLE 'nother topic, one that all the news shows should do investigations on and the Dept of Ed should be correcting), they may feel like they are drowning with no lifeline close by. Observing a teacher is a lot like observing a magician/illusionist--when it's done right you think there is nothing to it (that looks easy), but when it's bad, you know it and then casually and wrongfully think --what the heck and why can't they correct their seemingly easy to correct errors.

Teaching is hard work, no matter the level taught and no matter the students one has. Beginning teachers need a host of support, and when they don't have it, things like taking a fall rather than being observed are not a surprise to me.

My actual answer to the question is below...

Source(s): I'm a teacher, and I completely understand why this woman did what she did. Although I wouldn't have taken a fall, I would have taken a personal day, and gone and prepared extensively for the observation, as much as I could.

they would never