US naturalization citizenship process/ traveling to India?

My friend is currently a permanent residence and is in the process of applying for US citizenship. Her interview is mid August. At the same time, she planned a trip to India near the end of October. After her interview, we don't know how long it will take but from what we've heard, the oath ceremony date... show more My friend is currently a permanent residence and is in the process of applying for US citizenship. Her interview is mid August. At the same time, she planned a trip to India near the end of October.

After her interview, we don't know how long it will take but from what we've heard, the oath ceremony date can follow within a month. Her husband is a US citizen, therefore this process has been fast so far. Her dates for India can not be changed easily at all because she's an employee.

Once she surrenders her visa she will be issued the naturalization certificate, is it true she will have a hard time going to and from India, or will immigration understand that she is waiting for the new US passport?

What are some suggestions for her to do? Some of the choices we thought of were either delaying the oath ceremony, or getting the new visa/ US passport expedited, depending how close she is to the travel date. If delaying the oath ceremony is no big deal, it could be the way to go, but we don't know if there are any negative consequences with that or not. Please advise, thank you.
Update: Any other answers pertaining to delaying the process, for example delaying the oath ceremony? I was told that she can speak directly with the interviewing officer to delay the oath ceremony and schedule. Let me know any other suggestions.