Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

My guacamole turned dark green & I just made it 3 days ago. Is it bad?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

probably not. avocados darken when exposed to oxygen. Thus, guac is best made no more than 1 day ahead of when you plan to eat it.

To help keep it bright green, add lemon or lime juice. When mixed up, plop one of the pits back into the guac and submerge it. Somehow, this can stop the oxidation of the flesh.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • A-Zap
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Avocados get dark pretty quick, the only way to tell is to smell it or eat some, but in my experience guacamole only keeps for a couple days

• Cathy
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Once you make the Guacamole, you have to drop one of the avocado pits in the center of the dip. You can put it underneath the dip or on top. The pit keeps the dip from turning brown.

Good luck.

• 1 decade ago

it's normal

next time you might want to try putting the avocado pit with guacamole or a few drops of lemon

that's what i do

Source(s): I'm mexican
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

umm.. depends where you've been keeping it. It does have ingredients that will spoil (sour cream), but I'd think as long as you kept it in the fridge, it'd be good for at least a week...avacado will turn colors/darker when exposed to air just as a sliced apple will.

Then again, i'm no expert ...

• 1 decade ago

that's normal

feel good you got 3 days out of it

its not "bad" its just oxidized, doesn't look appealing, but will generally taste the same as it did before

• 1 decade ago

use lemon and keep the stone in perfect guac follow thishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXYcu_1D-ss

Youtube thumbnail

&playnext=1&videos=6KqYwNaSMEM

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.