Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

My guacamole turned dark green & I just made it 3 days ago. Is it bad?

Favorite Answer

probably not. avocados darken when exposed to oxygen. Thus, guac is best made no more than 1 day ahead of when you plan to eat it.

To help keep it bright green, add lemon or lime juice. When mixed up, plop one of the pits back into the guac and submerge it. Somehow, this can stop the oxidation of the flesh.

• A-Zap

Avocados get dark pretty quick, the only way to tell is to smell it or eat some, but in my experience guacamole only keeps for a couple days

• Cathy

Once you make the Guacamole, you have to drop one of the avocado pits in the center of the dip. You can put it underneath the dip or on top. The pit keeps the dip from turning brown.

Good luck.

it's normal

next time you might want to try putting the avocado pit with guacamole or a few drops of lemon

that's what i do

Source(s): I'm mexican

umm.. depends where you've been keeping it. It does have ingredients that will spoil (sour cream), but I'd think as long as you kept it in the fridge, it'd be good for at least a week...avacado will turn colors/darker when exposed to air just as a sliced apple will.

Then again, i'm no expert ...

that's normal

feel good you got 3 days out of it

its not "bad" its just oxidized, doesn't look appealing, but will generally taste the same as it did before

use lemon and keep the stone in perfect guac follow thishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXYcu_1D-ss

Youtube thumbnail

&playnext=1&videos=6KqYwNaSMEM