Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 9 years ago

Do you prefer MAX as the actual name, or using it as a nickname for a longer version of the name?

...and if you'd rather use the longer version, what "Max" name do you like?

Favorite Answer

I like Max as a name itself, although it's difficult to find a middle name that sounds right with it. When I have a son, Maxwell Hollace is on my list of possibilities (: I've loved the name Max since I was seven years old and watched a show where the main character was named Max. So yes, I am absolutely in love with the name Max!

ғαʌσяιтɛ иαмɛƨ: Jared, Maxwell, Clarissa, Alexander, Isabella, Christian, Elisabeth, Robert, Natalie, Samuel, Rosalie, Olivia, Adrian, Grace, Seage, Brice, Shailene, Liam, Scarlet, Jacoby, Aislann and just about a million more ☀

Normally I prefer the longer versions of names, but I'm not terribly fond of the full names that have Max in them. Maxwell is nice enough, though, so that's the name I would choose. I just find it to be much too short to stand on it's own, at least for my liking.

I like Max either on its own or as Maxwell. I think middle names for Maxwell will be easier than just Max.

• A User

My brother's name is Maxime. It's French. Not sure what the English version would be as the French one I think would sound feminine in English. Maybe Maximilian?

• Kelp

I'm using Maxwell because Max itself is just too short.

• Maxwell because it means he can be called Max or Maxwell if he wants

Maxwell is adorable and a proper name, yes max for his nickname, but not a proper name that would be quiet werid.

• durfee

Nicknames are relaxing, yet not all and sundry seems to entice nicknames. i finished up with my first and 2d names blended. this is fairly Southern, yet i like it. Leslieann. on condition that I share my first and final names with my Father in regulation and my Brother in regulation - i mandatory to do something to maintain from being like "between the lads"!

I like the full name of Maxence and Maxson, old names but very strong ones too

Max as shorter version.

answer mine:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Arhou...

Hope i helped!! <33