Why do Non-Natives insist that Native American's follow the White Man's Religion?

I honestly am annoyed with hearing FROM White American's that they state that Native American's follow religions such as Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, or the worst of all PAGAN! Really! I feel like every other post about Native American Religion, unless it is answered by a Native American Traditionalist,... show more I honestly am annoyed with hearing FROM White American's that they state that Native American's follow religions such as Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, or the worst of all PAGAN! Really! I feel like every other post about Native American Religion, unless it is answered by a Native American Traditionalist, gets the voted answer that Native American's believe in MANY GODS or that they believe in Satan or that they perform whichcraft or believe that they will be reincarnated as an animal! I am not a Pure Blood Native American. However I have grown up on a Native American Land Reservation of (Sioux) peoples that where misplaced from there homes in South Dakota 142 years ago and thrown on a reservation, states away from their familes. Only 1384 people live on the reservation, however I have grown up with these Natives, have been a part of their family community, have been taught to understand their ways (as my mother was) and learn their folktale and understand why they are different. I have the up MOST respect for ANY Native who is defending themself and their people. (please understand now as I describe that when I say "we" when talking about myself and the Native American's that I live with on the our reservation, realize that I say We because I consider myself one of them as a believe, not as an actual Native American). We all have different beliefs. There are a few families on our reservation who infact do not believe in any "God" or any form of their traditional ancestry beliefs. However I have been taught to respect the beliefs behind The Great Spirit and that our "God" lives within us and everyone around us and the plants and animals that dwell on this great Earth. But we do not believe in Heaven or Hell or Animism or many god's or anything like that. But Native American's all have their own beliefs and do not follow any organized religion. For the most part Native's follow the Native beliefs that have been passed down for centuries.
So for those who Understand what I am talking about or are a Native American Traditionalist yourself, do you agree that Non-Native's should not be stating for the world to see, in their egotisticness, that Native American's follow these organized religions that were brought to the America's by European's?
I am sorry to anyone who thinks I am coming off as racist, but I just had to vent because 4 people in the last week that I have run into at the grocery store brought up that the reservation doesn't have a church and that frustrated me and also reading all these posts about Native's being Pagan or animists or Catholic just made me want to vent!
Update: Okay, look I am not trying to insult any other religion! That is the farthest of what I am doing. All I am saying is that I wouldn't automatically asume that an Iraqi practices the Islamic religion just because of who they are. And I am not outing anyone for any reason. And I definitely am not outing Paganism.... show more Okay, look I am not trying to insult any other religion! That is the farthest of what I am doing. All I am saying is that I wouldn't automatically asume that an Iraqi practices the Islamic religion just because of who they are. And I am not outing anyone for any reason. And I definitely am not outing Paganism. All I stated is that the worst of all the accusations I have heard is animism and paganism. Native American's have held out to be the strongest against White European/Americans. European's have forced African's and south American's into converting into the Christianity or Catholic religions. Native American's have held stong and never allowed the European's to force them into the "White Man's Religion". I am not outing White people. I am considered White myslef (even though my blood says differently). But I just asked, NATIVE AMERICAN'S, do you think it is wrong that non native's are allowed to make the assumption that we follow White European religions?
Sorry for any offenses
Update 2: For Deof Movestofca: I agree with what you say. And I think we are coming from the same point of view. That everyone should be respected for the religion that they chose to be a part of. And yes, Christianity is NO LONGER just a white man's religion. However it did originate in the Middle East which found its... show more For Deof Movestofca: I agree with what you say. And I think we are coming from the same point of view. That everyone should be respected for the religion that they chose to be a part of. And yes, Christianity is NO LONGER just a white man's religion. However it did originate in the Middle East which found its first finding's in Europe (which until the slave trades was strictly White Man's territory, like the America's where strictly Native peoples). So When I say the White Man's religion, I mean Religion's that the European's forced upone other's to believe, and are now being passed down as the teaching of Jesus Christ. For the same person who said that I am downing Paganism: I am not one. But I know that Buddhism is not a "White Man;s European Religion". Islam however is like Christianity: orginated from Judaism which therefore makes it a European religion. IT has, like Christianity spread around the world. Sorry my official talk is to much for someee.
Update 3: Lakota Dream: the reservation I live on is not a large registered Oglala Sioux reservation like the Rosebud or the Pine Ridge or even the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe. In fact, I live on a "Native American Tribe Transfer Reservation". I am sure you have heard what they are. The tribe of Oglala Sioux's... show more Lakota Dream: the reservation I live on is not a large registered Oglala Sioux reservation like the Rosebud or the Pine Ridge or even the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe. In fact, I live on a "Native American Tribe Transfer Reservation". I am sure you have heard what they are. The tribe of Oglala Sioux's that now live on the reservation called the "Totonka Reservation" or we call it the Buffalo Reservation, actually originated in South Dakota in the Yankton Sioux Tribe. However, in 1942 there was a land cut in the Yankton Sioux Tribe, and the U.S. Army forced 400 families to leave there originial land. In the 1930's and 1940's thousands of familes in Native American tribes all over the country, mainly Navajo, Cherokee, Sioux, and Apache were misplaced. So the reservation I live on is actually in Mid Montana, but it is an Oglala Sioux Tribe. the reservation is so small that we don't even have a Tribal school anymore because there werent enough teachers. Most students Cyberschool.
Update 4: LAKOTE DREAM CONT: So the Land Reserve I live on was moved here in 1942. the few families that lived on the land that the reservation was created were told that they could leave at their own will. It ended up that my great grandmother (who was one of the transfered Sioux's) married into white family that was on... show more LAKOTE DREAM CONT: So the Land Reserve I live on was moved here in 1942. the few families that lived on the land that the reservation was created were told that they could leave at their own will. It ended up that my great grandmother (who was one of the transfered Sioux's) married into white family that was on the newly made reservation. The tribe is still today trying to regain access to the land in South Dakota (Charles Mix county) where they can be transfered back to their real home. Living in Montana doesn't sit will with most of the tribe. Its unfortunate because many members of larger tribe's don't know much about transfered Tribes that are literally made to move to other states just for the sake of expanding "white man's land". One of my best friends who I met through my school is a member of a Cherokee tribe in southernMontana who had her tribe transfered here in 1949 from Oklahoma. So that is why, even as a non Pure Blood, I have no respect for the system that displaced us.