Leka asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

What movie is this scene from? Evil villain dies by melted liquid gold?

In this scene, the evil villain (maybe a sorcerer or evil king), is killed when a boiling pot of hot liquid gold is poured on him. He turns solid and dies. I believe the movie was made in the 80s, something Conan The Barbarian-ish.

Can someone name the movie?

Thanks!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

I disagree with the first responder. It's not the first AQ movie (King Solomon's Mines); it's the sequel:

Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold (1986)

starring Richard Chamberlain, Sharon Stone, James Earl Jones, Henry Silva (the evil ruler who dies covered in gold), Robert Donner, Cassandra Peterson

IMDb synopsis:

After his brother, Robeson, disappears without a trace while exploring Africa in search of a legendary 'white tribe', Alan Quatermain decides to follow in his footsteps to learn what became of him. Soon after arriving, he discovers the lost City of Gold, controlled by the evil lord Agon, and mined by his legions of white slaves. Is this where Robeson met his end?

IMDb review excerpt:

... Silva being 'covered' in gold. Actually, it looks like he gets a bowl of gold porridge dumped on his head, and the next scene he is a gold statue ...

Here's the movie trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6n1jdBIIM4

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

EDIT: That's an understandable "oops" because people generally forget about the second film and often lump scenes from the sequel in with the first one.

• bowen
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

I believe it's from "King Solomon's Mines".

Edit: Miysty's right. Indeed it's the city of gold.

• 9 years ago

i remember that movie, where he saves the boys from the lion and that chick dips her slaves into the molten gold.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.