Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

If Drugs where legalized would Sheriff Joe Arpaio have an empty Tent city to watch over? Also would Mexican...?

Cartels still have a reason to put a bounty on Joe's Stubby head if drugs where legalized?

((By the way I am a Registered Republican I just refuse to support Authoritarian Regimes because I believe in Freedom, and Liberty)) ((I don't vote Democratic I vote Libertarian or Republican))

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

If drugs were legalized it would hit the drug cartels hard in the wallet, but there would still be plenty of illegals flowing across the border. Mexico is overpopulated and poverty stricken. Rather than address these difficult problems they have gotten used to using the U.S. as way to reduce their population and make money. They had a good thing going with the tourist trade, but a lot of Americans are afraid to vacation in Mexico these days, and with good reason. It might be worth legalizing drugs with special conditions for hard drugs just to remove the profit and cut the legs out from under the drug cartels which have obviously become too powerful and too violent, but the only drug really worthy of being legalized is cannabis. Hard drugs can mess people up pretty badly, but maybe it should be considered that people will use them anyway so enriching and empowering criminals with drug laws may not be the best approach for society overall.

But the answer to your question is that legalizing drugs would do little to decrease illegal immigration.

• 9 years ago

No. Drug law violations aren't the only reason people get locked up in sheriff joe's tent city.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Drugs are decriminalized in Mexico.

Just look how well that turned out, huh? Yup, they are a real peacenick nation now, aren't they?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

He sure would, legislating morality has never been successful when it comes to drugs

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

You're an idiot. Do you have a clue how much heroin, coke and other comes across the border? What, you think it's 'marrigawana', you fool?

• 9 years ago

Hard drugs are NEVER going to be legalized so stop it with your fantasy BS.

• Dina W
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

When you see a 16 year old kid die from a Heroin overdose... You will change your mind,

• 9 years ago

Somehow I think you are a wannabe anarchist.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

It would be the same.Ignorant druggies are still ignorant druggies.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

http://washingtonindependent.com/91520/violent-cri...

He could start by learning to be a good sheriff.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.