Can I tint my front windows in IL?

I know in IL you can tint your back windows as dark as you want as long as your front driver windows are not tinted. I recently bought a new car. After doing a little research on the web I found some info that said in October 2009 a new Illinois law made it legal to tint your front windows if you tint all your... show more I know in IL you can tint your back windows as dark as you want as long as your front driver windows are not tinted. I recently bought a new car. After doing a little research on the web I found some info that said in October 2009 a new Illinois law made it legal to tint your front windows if you tint all your windows no darker than 35%. In July I went to a place and asked them about this and they said 35% all around is legal, but that I still may get pulled over because not all cops know this.

I proceeded to get my windows tinted at 35% all around, and just last week I got pulled over for illegal tint. I tried to explain to the officer that it was 35% all the way around, but he told me they revised the law in January of 2010. Is this correct? I called the tint place and they told me if its 35% all the way around it is legal.....WHO IS RIGHT?? I need help!
0