Is it possible to wipe out the whole internet?

The reason I ask is very simple. Everyone, it would seem, has personal information stored on the internet. Many people have their bank information only on the internet, no paper trail at all. If the whole internet were to be completely wiped clean, that information would be lost. So my question is, is it possible... show more The reason I ask is very simple. Everyone, it would seem, has personal information stored on the internet. Many people have their bank information only on the internet, no paper trail at all. If the whole internet were to be completely wiped clean, that information would be lost. So my question is, is it possible for the whole internet to be wiped clean? And if so, what would it take?
Update: Doug, by all means, enlighten us with your 'expertise' on the matter.
Update 2: the question was, is it 'possible'. therefore Jeff, while extemely difficult, it could be done then by simply destroying the places in which the information is stored.
Update 3: Kane, as with doug, feel free to enlighten us all as to how it works. that is, after all a part of the question. its not a simple yes or no question here.
0