If we quadrupled the number of troops, and spent a trillion dollars, could we achieve our aims in Afghanistan?

Is there ANY way that we can "win" - meaning achieve our goals i Afghanistan?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

We are achieving our goal - an endless 'war' funded by the taxpayers, creating enormous profits for the right people.

• Login to reply the answers
  • NAK
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

we cannot win, because you cannot win such a war... the only way to truly "win" is kill everyone in Afghanistan... the people there hate us, they hate the west, they hate that way of life, they hate everything the west stands for and there is nothing that will change their minds... it's a different place, the people are different and their values are different... they don't need cars and voting and a huge tv, they need family and their land... US has nothing to offer to those people, so they will always hate the US and the West in general... it's not about the US... I was born in Russia and we failed in the 80's just as miserably as you guys are failing now...

however to directly answer your question... the US is already achieving it's goals in Afghanistan... a lot of taxpayer $$ is going to corporation, arms dealers, drug dealers, etc... the plan to take every dime from people is working well :D

• 3 years ago

No 911 grow to be as quickly as now not an interior job. the whole conspiracies and such were demonstrated fake dissimilar situations and for a pair of reasons - the least confusing being "this style of conspiracy might require potential too many human beings to hold quiet." that's to not say that the previous administration used 911 to their ability. They almost became it precise right into a favourite-day-day boogie-guy to scare the Congress into appearing some component they needed. The patriot act, the conflict in Iraq, Gitmo, and extremely some others. will could desire to diminish than no situations have exceeded off, and that they are black eyes we could desire to ward off from occurring back. As for the Bin laden element...I have not have been given any theory. interestingly slightly straightforward and in assessment to the 911 component, is unquestionably suspicious.

• 10 years ago

It was announced today they aren't using COIN in afghanistan. That's the nation rebuilding part, that I assume your question is referring to. Its now basically seek and destroy. 50 taliban left...so....your question is moot. However, change the word afghanistan to pakistan, and bam! Now that's a good question.

Source(s): Thank god, morning joe
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Only if our aim is to be out of Afghanistan by this time next year.

• Doin
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

I think strengthening our boarders and hiring more policing work, works better then military might. If anything 9/10 times its our police and intelligence that stops terrorist activity.

• 10 years ago

Ask Bush..Oh wait, he made that huge mess, debted our country, had thousands of troops killed and then left it.....

• 10 years ago

Wasn't that Bush's plan?

• 10 years ago

We can't win unless we lift the idiotic rules of engagement

• 10 years ago

Probably not.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.