An intellectual competition! Atheism vs Christianity! Which is more logical? ROUND #3?

In short, An atheist won round 2 and now the Christians have to defend themselves against him or they will lose the competition/debate. The winner of Round 1 (defending Christianity) stated. "I will give it a shot but I don't claim to be an expert. "I have seen, over the years, that when... show more In short, An atheist won round 2 and now the Christians have to defend themselves against him or they will lose the competition/debate.

The winner of Round 1 (defending Christianity) stated.

"I will give it a shot but I don't claim to be an expert.

"I have seen, over the years, that when atheists want evidence, they really want God to be proven with science, which it seems is the base for everything they believe. However, what most atheists don't realize is that if God is indeed real, then He cannot be "proven" with science. If God is real, it means He created science. He is infinitely above science. That would be almost the equivalent of trying to prove that the earth rotates because you can spin a ball. I believe God created the world and then gave us science to understand it - not to prove His existence. Science can give evidence, though. It can give evidence of the existence of God, and it can give evidence that He doesn't exist. It all depends on your interpretation of the evidence. But, so far, it hasn't proven whether or not He exists.

There are a lot of things, however, that point to the existence of God. For example, there are a lot of prophecies in the Bible that have come true. In Daniel 9:24-27, Daniel the prophet predicted that Jesus would come as Israel's promised savior and prince 483 years after the persian emperor would give the Jews authority to rebuild Jerusalem, which was then in ruins. Well, hundreds of years later, Jesus did come and claimed to be all that Daniel had prophesied. There is historical documentation - writings - that speak of a man named Jesus by philosophers who lived during the time Jesus did - people who were not mentioned in the Bible. They did not all say He was the Son of God, some didn't believe that - but they all spoke of His existence. That is only one of the many predictions that people in the Bible have correctly made. Others have yet to come true, but may happen soon.

The Bible also has historical accuracy. In fact, Dr. Nelson Glueck, who is probably the greatest modern authority on Israeli archeology, said,
"archaeological discovery has ever controverted a Biblical reference. Scores archaeological findings have been made which confirm in clear outline or in exact detail historical statements in the Bible. And, by the same token, proper evaluation of Biblical descriptions has often led to amazing discoveries."

And, despite what others may say, the Bible does have scientific accuracy, as well. They are not stated in technical terms or scientifically, by they are there. A few of them are:

Roundness of the earth (Isaiah 40:22)

Almost infinite extent of the sidereal universe (Isaiah 55:9)

Law of conservation of mass and energy (II Peter 3:7)

Hydrologic cycle (Ecclesiastes 1:7)

Vast number of stars (Jeremiah 33:22)

Law of increasing entropy (Psalm 102:25-27)

Paramount importance of blood in life processes (Leviticus 17:11)

Atmospheric circulation (Ecclesiastes 1:6)

Gravitational field (Job 26:7)

The Bible also has a remarkable structure. Even though it was written over a period of 2,000 years by 40 or more men and is a collection of 66 books, it is clearly one book with perfect unity and consistency throughout the entire thing."

The Bible points to the existence of God. That is what it is about, and if the Bible is not true, which would be eery given everything it has been right about, then neither is God. But if it is wrong, then God is probably not real. The existence of God relies upon the accuracy of the Bible, which, I believe, can be seen through the modern world."

The winner of Round 2 (Defending Atheism) responded with:

"How did they ever predict a "vast number of stars"!? They must have have been very good with science to figure that out.

If it is so historically accurate then explain all of these: http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/j... and these http://www.evilbible.com/Biblical%20Cont...

He basically states "The Bible has contradictions which destroy Christian credibility" (but this is only my interpretation of his statement, not his actual words)

Discredit the above information with other PROVABLE information or give PROVABLE information that makes the above information (against Christianity) seem unimportant or irrelevant to the subject.

Winner Criteria:
1. Do they state their stance
2. Do they give evidence
3. Is their evidence elaborate
4. Is their evidence accurate
5. Is their evidence understandable
6. Could someone else not say the exact same thing but with a different stance and sound credible?
(Example of Violation of Criteria 6)
Atheist: God doesn't exist because there is no proof of his existence
Christian: God does exist because there is no proof of his non-existence.
Update: You don't have to comment atheists. You're in the lead. Do whatever you want though......IDK
19 answers 19