Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 10 years ago

Why don't girls like scientists?

Girls are usually turned off when they hear a guy's an engineer, industrial hygienist, chemist, etc.

But they LOVE it when they hear about him being a stock broker, doctor, lawyer, etc

Why? I'm an Environmental Engineer and the work i do is very respectable. Also, I make 80k and i'm only 4 years into my profession, so i make good money what do doctors/lawyers have that i dont?

Favorite Answer

well because they will think you are a know it all and don't want to be judge on what they do every 5min not that you would do it [will you?]

You are a very intelligent guy I would think, but tell me what kind of girls have you been meeting that they are loving doctor lawyer etc, is it not down to the type of person you are, you could be a doctor and be a nasty bit of stuff, you really are putting to much time into what you earn and the career you have.Go and be the person you are and stay away from money grabbing girls and try the nice ones that like you for who you are no matter what career you choose.

• Mase

I think some jobs are seen as more aggressive and thus more manly, which girls like, but if you give off manly vibes (really gay sounding) then the fact that you are a scientists will play to your benefit because you will seem more well-rounded. She'll be like "Oh OK, this guy is really manly and confident, I bet he's a construction worker or something" and then you bust out scientist and she'll be thinking "OK I can't even hang with this guy"

thats not true

i like scientists, they're so much more intresting than lawyers, i love smart guys, they have so much more to offer.

I find science-y men very sexy. I married a smartie.

• .

There is nothing wrong with that.