promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why do Christians only believe that you live one life?

Every Christian (and I was born one) only believes that you live one life for that is what is preached by the priests usually with the scare tactics that if you get it wrong then you will be condemned to a life of eternal damnation. Now this seems to be at odds with the notion of a loving and forgiving God.

It is even worse with Roman Catholics as they are told that you may even spend some time in 'limbo' whilst it is decided where your soul will eventually end up.

Why only one life? And why did the Fifth Ecumenical Council decide to write out of the scriptures any further promulgation of the notion of reincarnation? Is this a clear example of organised religion being administered by men to control other men when Divine Will actually tells us that the physical plane is merely a place where we come to advance our soul progression over many lifetimes?

Update:

No wonder we have so much strife in this world caused by people who think that their way to God is the only way. Christians and Muslims are the worst but both come from the monotheistic Judaic stream of thought.

I think these people will have a real shock when they pass over to the other side.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm sorry but it appears that you are trying to make up your own way to God. There is only one way to God and that is through Jesus Christ the Son. He said I am the Way the Truth and the Life, no man can come to the Father except through Me. If you will give your life to Jesus and repent of your sins then the Holy Spirit will open up the Word of God (Bible) to you and you will be able to believe every word it says, like," It is appointed unto man once to die and after that the judgment."

Source(s): Bible
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Most Christians are unique... The fundies are spiritually impatient and ignorant of the endless endurance, love, and mercy of god. They are infants in need of cookies. God condemns no human and even though they behave badly in existence their salvation isn’t forfeit at dying. Those that understand higher than this must be sufferer with the fundamentalist nevertheless it’s flawlessly great to uncover humor on the price in their rantings. Much like a mother or father slaps the hand of a baby achieving for a flame we must restrict them from passing their shortsighted legislation, else they damage themselves and just like the baby hazard harming all people through surroundings the condo on hearth. Blessed Be!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.