Anonymous
Anonymous asked in 教育與參考出國留學 · 10 years ago

準備申請美國大學,本州大學還是外州大學呢??

我有美國公民身分

因為家人也一起跟著來美國

有繳稅! 所以算州內居民

我目前要準備申請大學

不知道到底要申請自己本州的學校

還是外州的名校

因為我們州還滿偏僻的.....

最好的大學可能還排不上全美前百....

可能只有籃球強一些

如果讀本州的大學

好處就是離家近 而且較便宜 看了一下一年可以便宜70萬台幣耶!

我想問的是

外州的名牌州立大學

有那個價值去讀嗎?

像是UW-Wisconsin UM-Ann Arbor UIUC UCLA之類的前五十名校

在大城市讀書的話

找工作會有幫助嗎?

聽說大學教育都差不多

那為什麼有人還是會去外州讀呢

hmmm

major 的話

我可能會選擇商方面的

economics , business administration 或者是accounting

工作的話

我希望畢業後往財金方面走

希望可以到投資銀行工作!!!

我是計畫說

大學畢業後 先去找工作

然後有了三到五年的經驗

再去拿一個Master of Science in Finance 或者是 MBA

Rating
    Favorite Answer

Hi, I may be able to help a little here.I moved to the US in high school. I am not sure if which state you are from, but if your interests are business related major, here are few things IMHO you should think about: If your goal is to make-it big-time in wall street & related high paying job, a name-brand university will help you a lot. not because the school has better education, but because the people you will know from going to that school, who can open doors for you. If you just want to be an accountant, go to your state school, where you can easily get good grade while have time to WORK or INTERN (very important). Because accountant needs to be licensed, it doesn't matter where you go to school, just that you have enough time to study for the exam to pass it. Think carefully before you went on for MBA. MBA is every where now (even online); A MBA from a big name school will give a chance to land a good job. But to get in a good MBA program, you need to have work experience (this is the KEY) and good GMAT score, not very easy. For other MBA program, it is only useful, if you already have a job, again IMHO. Out of stare school will be more expensive, so you should take into account if you can pay it carefully. A college graduate with a degree in economic field WITHOUT any license & specialty skill will not land you a good paying job.

2010-08-03 05:26:43 補充:

I have friends who in the same situation as you (remember I am older, so my friends are know finished with college and working). If you have an idea which area of business you want to work in, it is best to go to school in an area that has similar business environment.

Source(s): me, 10+ yrs in US

在大城市讀書的話

找工作會有幫助嗎?

It's up to your GPA or did you get a honor?

我希望畢業後往財金方面走

希望可以到投資銀行工作!!!

Someone worked at IB field after college (First job). Not even get a MBA.

• RenRen

d:) Nice suggestion s~

可以的話還是去別州看看吧~

will be a good experiense~

• s

不要人云亦云, 先問你自己幾個問題.

你打算念什麼主修?

有沒有打算念研究所?

你在你本州可以申請到什麼樣的學校?

你覺得你以後會在哪裡, 找什麼樣的工作或是那一種公司?

有件事倒是可以做的, 花點錢, 申請一兩個外州的好學校, 如果有申請到, 再去擔心値不植得花那個錢...我認為一年應該是會差到3萬每金. 4年, 12萬.

此外, 可以準備a trip to visit those schools. 感受一下.