An intellectual competition! Atheists vs Christians! Whose is more logical? ROUND #2?

C'mon atheists! You can do it! Beat the raining champ! You must beat the raining champ under the following criteria:

Discredit her information with other PROVABLE information or give PROVABLE information that makes her information seem unimportant and irrelevant to the subject.

Also, here are things I look for in a contestant

I Chose winner by:

1. Do they state their stance

2. Do they give evidence

3. Is their evidence elaborate

4. Is their evidence accurate

5. Is their evidence understandable

6. Could someone else not say the exact same thing but with a different stance and sound credible?

(Example of Violation of Criteria 6)

Atheist: God doesn't exist because there is no proof of his existence

Christian: God does exist because there is no proof of his non-existence.

Spaghetti Noodle Religonist: Spaghetti is God because there is no proof that he isn't

(No offence to Spaghetti Noodle Religonists)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the current Champ's quoted agruement.

I will give it a shot but I don't claim to be an expert.

"I have seen, over the years, that when atheists want evidence, they really want God to be proven with science, which it seems is the base for everything they believe. However, what most atheists don't realize is that if God is indeed real, then He cannot be "proven" with science. If God is real, it means He created science. He is infinitely above science. That would be almost the equivalent of trying to prove that the earth rotates because you can spin a ball. I believe God created the world and then gave us science to understand it - not to prove His existence. Science can give evidence, though. It can give evidence of the existence of God, and it can give evidence that He doesn't exist. It all depends on your interpretation of the evidence. But, so far, it hasn't proven whether or not He exists.

There are a lot of things, however, that point to the existence of God. For example, there are a lot of prophecies in the Bible that have come true. In Daniel 9:24-27, Daniel the prophet predicted that Jesus would come as Israel's promised savior and prince 483 years after the persian emperor would give the Jews authority to rebuild Jerusalem, which was then in ruins. Well, hundreds of years later, Jesus did come and claimed to be all that Daniel had prophesied. There is historical documentation - writings - that speak of a man named Jesus by philosophers who lived during the time Jesus did - people who were not mentioned in the Bible. They did not all say He was the Son of God, some didn't believe that - but they all spoke of His existence. That is only one of the many predictions that people in the Bible have correctly made. Others have yet to come true, but may happen soon.

The Bible also has historical accuracy. In fact, Dr. Nelson Glueck, who is probably the greatest modern authority on Israeli archeology, said,

"archaeological discovery has ever controverted a Biblical reference. Scores archaeological findings have been made which confirm in clear outline or in exact detail historical statements in the Bible. And, by the same token, proper evaluation of Biblical descriptions has often led to amazing discoveries."

And, despite what others may say, the Bible does have scientific accuracy, as well. They are not stated in technical terms or scientifically, by they are there. A few of them are:

Roundness of the earth (Isaiah 40:22)

Almost infinite extent of the sidereal universe (Isaiah 55:9)

Law of conservation of mass and energy (II Peter 3:7)

Hydrologic cycle (Ecclesiastes 1:7)

Vast number of stars (Jeremiah 33:22)

Law of increasing entropy (Psalm 102:25-27)

Paramount importance of blood in life processes (Leviticus 17:11)

Atmospheric circulation (Ecclesiastes 1:6)

Gravitational field (Job 26:7)

The Bible also has a remarkable structure. Even though it was written over a period of 2,000 years by 40 or more men and is a collection of 66 books, it is clearly one book with perfect unity and consistency throughout the entire thing.

The Bible points to the existence of God. That is what it is about, and if the Bible is not true, which would be eery given everything it has been right about, then neither is God. But if it is wrong, then God is probably not real. The existence of God relies upon the accuracy of the Bible, which, I believe, can be seen through the modern world."

Best Answer

How did they ever predict a "vast number of stars"!? They must have have been very good with science to figure that out.

If it is so historically accurate then explain all of these: http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/jim_meritt/... and these http://www.evilbible.com/Biblical%20Contradictions...

As others have said...I essentially wrote you off at "raining."

As for the rest...you are joking, right?

I mean, like totally joking?

Did you even read this tired crap you posted and dubbed "champ?"

I mean it actually says "And, despite what others may say, the Bible does have scientific accuracy, as well. They are not stated in technical terms or scientifically..." It says in one sentence that the Bible has scientific accuracy and then in the VERY NEXT ONE 100% backpeddles the claim and says that anything the Bible has to say about science is not written as science or in technical terms, but in vague, couched metaphors--i.e., NOT scientific "accuracy" at all.

And these claims could not be any less accurate than they are.

I mean, they actually have the cajones to claim that the Bible describes the "Law of conservation of mass and energy" by quoting this: "...long ago by God's word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water."

They also claim other things are somehow scientific insights like "the vast number of stars in the sky" (Um...just look up? That's not exactly a discovery) and the "paramount importance of blood in life processes" (as if figuring out that when people bleed a lot they die was some difficult, scientific breakthrough or something).

This is a joke, right?

Yes, the bible points to the existence of god. It would be rather foolish not to. At the same time, the Koran points to the existence of Allah, and H. P. Lovecraft's works point to the existence of Cthulu.

I've read the bible through. It has inconsistencies and contradictions. Furthermore, what of the Apocrypha? What of the choices of the Nicene Council?

You're grasping at straws. If the bible truly presented such grand evidence of the way the world works, then I can say in all confidence that society would be in much better shape today. Men and women have dedicated their lives to studying and understanding it, even going so far as tearing apart the book of Revelation with a fine tooth comb in order to properly interpret it. Yet, there is one thing that keeps me from agreeing with you.

Lack. Of. Evidence. The cause and effect just aren't there, and correlation is not causation.

Ya dig?

First you have to understand the difference between a scientific law (a quantitative observable effect) and a rhetorical tautology (folk wisdom that really does not add to a pool of knowledge or describe a method for arriving at knowledge)

You see science is an epistemological method, and the bible is a collection of wise tales, fables, myths, legends and outright superstitions.

If you find them comparable in the listed examples it is more likely that you are rationalizing a belief you already know is intellectually bankrupt.

I think a point should be made that if the listed examples are valid then why did they not quantify the effects they are said to describe?

Why is the context only clear after the fact, and how is it a discovery if it is only clear after the fact?

Sorry but that was a fail.

god created a human being in one day the human was full grown straight up magic. nothing existed before god exept for god god is never ending therfore he has been around foreever impossible . impossible because if he created us in his image he creatred humans. humans are evolved to fit perfectly in this earth breath air take in sun walk around and bassically share all the caracteristica of all other living things that function eyes legs for moving god would have to have been created or combusted to an eviroment exact to the earth because humans cant exit without

The Bible says the earth is on pillars, says it has corners, and says you can see the whole world from the top of a really really tall tree. The Bible says all sorts of crap, some of which can be shoehorned into modern science, some of which cannot. What you have done here is cherry pick some of the good, non-embarrassing stuff. Good for you.

What kind of ridiculous one-sided attempt to make a point is this?

I've seen a lot of ridiculous one-sided attempts to make a point in my day, but this is by far the most ridiculous yet!

What irk.some said. Extra bozo points for calling it an intellectual competition.

Well, I would try, but being a "raining" champ doesn't appeal to me. I like sunny weather.

We're not being paid for this.

What loser makes a comprehensive answer like that just to suck up to you? This is R&S, not some game show.