What's the best natural way to get rid of my eczema?

Those dang steroid creams do not work. I had eczema ever since I was in kindergarten.. and now I am 14. TT_TT

Also it is found throughout my arms, elbows, knees, behind the knees and face.

And it's summer and I hate having to wear long sleeve shirts to cover up.

If you know any natural remedy to help my problem, tell me!

Favorite Answer

The BEST natural remedy bar none, ie the permanent one, is to find the cause:

It's not as hard as you think - and no you won't necessarily get the answer form your doc.

I have found mine (all XX number of them!) and I am able to repeat the results, whether to induce eczema or rid myself of it, 100% every single time I want to - just thought I'd stick it to those who want to say that it is a fluke! And yes, according to all of my dermatologists and doctors, I have eczema, and according to all of them, I cannot get rid of it permanently and can only manage it with corticosteroids, yet I have done it - I don't have to use any hormone-based treatments like corticosteroids!

Ever wonder why people suddenly grow out of it or suddenly get it - especially at key life moments (infant, adolesence, puberty, mid 20s, 40-50) >>>> LIFESTYLE CHANGE!! Moving from breast milk to cow's milk or formulas, moving from formulas to fizzy drinks and burgers?, stress on body while going through puberty and growth, moving out of the parents' home and buying your own washing powder (ie. changing) and maybe doing your own dishes?, metabolism slowing down with age, reduction in exercise and water intake,... the list goes on...

Rather than repeating myself, please read the following 2 answers I have posted about my experiences:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ahqif...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201007...

I wish you all the best in your self-discovery and I know that if you are patient and persistent you will find a permanent non-greasy :-D solution!

BTW: did I mention I used to look like a dalmatian during summer? I had tanned skin and white or red patches where the flare-ups were or are. Unless you have another medical condition preventing you, you will need the sun in your search! (Don't go burning or tanning for 15 hours, but a 1/2 hour mid-morning or late afternoon walk would be beneficial both psychologically and physically). We synthesize vitamin D through our skin being exposed to sunlight (like a lot of plants synthesize their own energy needs through the leaves' exposure to sunlight).

Source(s): self, see links

My little boy had eczema on his cheeks. I was not sure what method to use but I didn't want to make my boy go through any surgery treatments at this young age. Some suggested a plastic surgeon since it was in a very visible location but our family doctor recommend this natural guide.

Best Eczema Treatment?

There is nothing to get rid of it. The best thing to do is stay away from certain foods such as peanuts ect that may irritate your skin. Most of the time eczema breaks out with the change of weather. You can also let your doctor proscribed you some cream to help wit it. But again their is no cure to eczema.

One popular remedy for eczema that works for many people is organic calendula oil. You just need to apply it on the affected area of your skin.

Fresh avocado or fish oil and zinc are a good start as few additions to your diet. Avocado, fish oil and zinc are great natural remedies for eczema. All those natural substances can prevent your eczema from worsening, especially during flare.

You can check below source for further information.

Natural and holistic treatments are a safer, gentler alternative to use without the harmful side effects or allergic reactions.

Best of all, you can use them as often as you like, for as long as you like. Herbal ingredients such as Vitamin E oil, Mentha pipererita oil, Bulbinella frutescens tr. and Aloe ferox tr. work quickly to soothe and promote healthy, trouble free skin. They help to provide relief from itching and discomfort and reduce eczema patches and also prevent infection and inflammation as well as reduce scarring.

They maintain lymphatic functioning; support skin health, functioning, and membranes of cells in the skin; promote healthy cell renewal and routine shedding of old skin cells; maintain the body's water balance, keeping the skin fresh and hydrated; cleanse and purify the system, thereby promoting skin integrity; & support lymphatic functioning and support the skin’s ability to purify itself.

You may get more info here http://www.healthherbsandnutrition.com/remedies/e/...

My son has eczema and the pediatrician recommended we try a lotion called CeraVe. So far it seems to be working.

I hear hemp oil works pretty well.