TDCJ rehire question?

This question goes to anyone who is or was employed with Texas Department of Criminal Justice as a Correctional Officer...I resigned back in February of this year....I was having some personal issues going on in my family and I'm not proud to say that I didn't leave on the best of terms. I was a "no call, no show"...I later came back in and resigned with HR. What I'm trying to get at here is I want to go back. I filled out the rehire application and turned it in weeks ago and still haven't heard anything. If you have any knowledge of how TDCJ works, do you think I have a chance of getting back in? I never had any disciplinaries and was never late for work...Thank you for your time!

• anaise
    Favorite Answer

If they are desperate, yes. If they are not, then its best you have a connection-someone already in the system(not on the inmate side).

I've been an employee in the past. Connection is the key.

Were you ever rehired?

I'm interested in knowing if you were ever rehired. The same thing happened to me last month and I will b reapplying this month.