Career choice: Web Design or Photography?

All my life I've wanted to be a photographer, and I know I am not bad at it either! I get praise for my photos and I'm very interested in the experimental side of it, so I think I could potentially set my self apart from the million 20-somethings like myself who are "photographers" if I really... show more All my life I've wanted to be a photographer, and I know I am not bad at it either! I get praise for my photos and I'm very interested in the experimental side of it, so I think I could potentially set my self apart from the million 20-somethings like myself who are "photographers" if I really tried. I'm also very into portraits and could even do commercial photography. I'm open to any type of photography career, really. My only concerns are that the field is so highly competitive and it seems like everyone wants to be a photographer these days, that I'll have gone to school and then I won't be able to find any decent work as a photographer. (worst fear ever--- a college grad who can't find work.)

At the same time I've always wanted to learn about web design and I've heard it's a booming industry with good pay. this seems like the more practical choice since I do want to be able to find a job and make decent money, and it gives me some type of creative purpose. Plus it seems as if most of these jobs are in major cities like Chicago or Minneapolis, which is exciting because I've always wanted to live in a major city.

I just don't know if a bachelors photography degree would be as practical as a bachelors web design/interactive media degree... I need help choosing really really bad! So if any photographers or web designers are reading this I'd love to know about your experiences in the work force and job market..
Thanks!