California law concerning lemonade stands?

I'm a kid in California (more specifically San Leandro) and I was wondering what the law was concerning lemonade stands. I've sold lemonade for a couple of years, but this time I decided to do a little research on tips and stuff and I came across stories about kids getting fined. Is there anything in particular I need to know?

Best Answer

I don't know of any actual state laws in California regarding this matter, but I can understand municipalities (local governments) having certain restrictions in place, which typically is for everyone's safety.

For example, a lot of localities prohibit sales at the side of a busy road, which is to avoid potential accidents and injuries.

My best suggestion would be for you or a parent/guardian to contact someone on Monday from your City Hall or County Government and just ask if there are any local rules regarding running a lemonade stand. They'll be more than happy to help you out (Given that is what they are paid to do).

I certainly wish you the very best and enjoy yourself.

Call the Contra Costa County Health Department and see if you need a license or permit.

As long as it not hard lemonade.