What other text can I compare The Time Traveler's Wife to?!?

For my A-Level English Literature coursework I need to compare two texts.

One of the texts I've chosen is The Time Traveler's Wife but I'm stuck on what other text I can compare this to?

It doesn't have to be solely on Time Travel, I can compare themes such as the idea of loss, free will, waiting or even companionship.

Wondering if anyone has any recommendations on what text would be good to compare?

Favorite Answer

Fate vs. Free Will Theme: Antigone by Sophocles, Frankenstein by Mary Shelley Oedipus the King by Sophocles, The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay, Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare, and The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne.

Theme of Identity: Beloved by Toni Morrison, Beowulf, Color of Water by by James McBride, Don't Look Now by Nicolas Roeg, Looking for Alibrandi by Melina Marchetta, The Other by Tom Tryon, The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton,Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston

Theme of Memory: The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum, A Change of Flag by Christopher New, and Waiting For Godot by Samuel Beckett

Theme of Mortality: The Aeneid by Virgil, Alice in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, For One More Day by Mitch Albom, and the Illiad by Homer.

Versions of Reality/Appearance vs Reality Theme: The Giver by Lois Lowry, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, Hamlet by William Shakespeare, The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan, MacBeth by William Shakespeare, Neuromancer by William Gibson, New Moon by Stephenie Meyer, Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz, Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare, A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving, and The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare.

Peace :)