Aspie dating an Aspie and dating on the autism spectrum?

I'm a 25 year old girl with Asperger's Syndrome. I'm in a relationship with another Aspie. He's very sweet and a gentleman. Sometimes I feel like we are the blind leading the blind, and it gets so confusing. I love him so much, but I get very frustrated with his rigid standards, and inability to be romantic. In trying to help me he reprimands me about things I shouldn't do, but doesn't balance it with any complements. Sometimes he says things that seem callous, but I know his intentions are good. But still it bothers me, and makes me insecure. I'm afraid of not meeting his standards, or doing something that will cause him to leave with no chance of redemption. I always wish he would be a little romantic once in a while. Should I tell him, or would that offend him? I really want this to work, because I really like him a lot.

Any advice on AS/AS dating?

• John
    Favorite Answer

yes - read about AS and try to be understanding. If you can talk to each other and LISTEN you have a chance. If an aspie ccant date an aspie who can you date - at least you have a head start on understanding each others problems!