Missed Call from Potential Employer?

Hi!

I'm just looking for some advice, I've been at work for the afternoon and evening today, and I only realized an hour ago that I had gotten a call from a potential employer (I had just had a phone interview with them a day or two earlier).

I have voicemail, but they didn't leave a message at all (it was a typical professional-sounding message)...should I email them first to see why they called? Or should I try to call them (even though it's a Saturday tomorrow)?

But I'm not sure what I should say?

Please help! Thanks!

Best Answer

You could call them Saturday if they are open for business this is quite acceptable.

If not, I would leave it to Monday and apologise by telling them you were at your other job and could not phone them back, this will put a professionally appropriate excuse to them and they can only accept this.

Once you know what they want (be prepared for them thanking you and not offering the job, but this rarely happens these days) just be yourself.

I should think the call was in connection with a face to face interview.

Best of luck

• Frank

On Monday, call and tell them that you are very interested in the position, and that you want to thank them for taking the time to interview you.