How to use ATI Hybrid Graphics Technology?

My gigabyte motherboard has "integrated ATI Radeon HD 4250 (DX10.1) graphics engine" and "ATI Hybrid Graphics Technology" support. Per gigabyte.com, "With combination of onboard GPU and a single VGA card’s GPU*, ATI Hybrid CrossFireX™ can bring remarkable display performance on AMD platform..." It also states as a note: "* Please use ATI Hybrid CrossFireX certified DX11/DX10.1 VGA card (i.e., ATI Radeon HD 5450/3400-series, etc.)."

I am using Windows 7, an AMD Phenom™ II quad-core processor, with 4gb of DDR3 memory and would like to take advantage of this technology to improve video editing.

1) After I install the card is the monitor plugged into the motherboard or the card? It is currently plugged into the motherboard.

2) Also, the bios is currently set to use the onboard graphics adapter but after installing the card, which should the bios be set to?

(I asked these questions previously but don't think I gave enough information. The answer was that this could not be done with AMD and ATI but gigabyte.com clearly states that this is possible but not "how" to do this.)

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Step 1:

Observe the steps in "1-5 Installing an Expansion Card" and install an ATI Hybrid CrossFireX-supported graphics card on the PCI Express slot.

Step 2:

Plug the display cable into the onboard graphics port on the back panel.

C. BIOS Setup

Enter BIOS Setup to set the following items under the Advanced BIOS Features menu:

-

Set Internal Graphics Mode to UMA+SidePort. (Note 3)

-

Set UMA Frame Buffer Size to 256MB or 512MB. (Note 3)

-

Set Surround View to Disabled.

-

Set Init Display First to OnChipVGA.

D. Configuring the Graphics Driver

After installing the motherboard driver in the operating system, go to the ATI Catalyst™ Control Center. Select CrossFire™ on the Graphics menu on the upper left corner and ensure the Enable CrossFire™ check box is selected.

(Note 1) For Windows XP, you must install AMD chipset driver version 8.51 or later.

(Note 2) You do not have to install the graphics card driver if the motherboard chipset driver has been installed.

(Note 3) To change the Internal Graphics Mode or UMA Frame Buffer Size setting in BIOS Setup, be sure to disable the CrossFire function in the operating system first.

Source(s): GA-MA785GM-US2H (rev. 1.1) manual
  • 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How to use ATI Hybrid Graphics Technology?

My gigabyte motherboard has "integrated ATI Radeon HD 4250 (DX10.1) graphics engine" and "ATI Hybrid Graphics Technology" support. Per gigabyte.com, "With combination of onboard GPU and a single VGA card’s GPU*, ATI Hybrid CrossFireX™ can bring remarkable display...

Source(s): ati hybrid graphics technology: https://biturl.im/QqMli
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
  • 4 years ago

Ga-ma785gm-us2h Manual

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

Professional 3D Design Animation - http://3danimationcartoons.com/?nbau

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.