Well FIFA released its Post-tournament team ranking for the 2010 FIFA World Cup (no not the FIFA rankings)?
Shortly after the final, FIFA issued a final ranking of every team in the tournament. The ranking was based on progress in the competition, overall results and quality of the opposition.
1. Spain: I think this may be the first time where the favorites actually won the WC lol
2. Netherlands: They did good. I imagined they were a contendor and they did not fail to contend.
3. Germany: they were as usual an overachieving team this tourney
4. Uruguay: I knew they were under-rated, but I didn't think they would get that far.
5. Argentina: Didn't expect them to do that good under Maradona pre-tourney tbh, since we barely qualified lol.
6. Brazil: expected more from them, but QFs is still a good result.
7. Ghana: I'm glad an African team got this far, I was worried they would all go down in the group stages.
8. Paraguay: Proving that South America is more than just Argentina and Brazil:)
9. Japan: I have high hopes for Asian teams.
10. Chile: Put up a great display against Spain, even tho they lost to them, but managed to tie it up while being 1 man down. Not so great against Brasil tho.
11. Portugal: Another good display, didn't reach the semis this time, but went down to the eventual champs.
12. United States: A good display by the US, set with lots of drama and controversy.
13. England: Thought they were contendors, but apparantly not. Not as dismal as some European powers, but still not that good.
14. Mexico: Not all that inspiring, but they did put up a good match against France.
15. Korea Republic: Another Asian potential power.
16. Slovakia: A big suprise in the group of 16!
17. Côte d'Ivoire: had tough competition.
18. Slovenia: What I expected I guess. Provided the one win for England:P
19. Switzerland: Good defensive footie against Spain, but then they fell apart.
20. South Africa: First time a host gets droped in the group stages, but not a big footie power. They were good hosts.
21. Australia: Not inspiring like they were in 2006.
22. New Zealand: inspiring, did more than expected of them.
23. Serbia: Beat Germany, but then went out in a whisper.
24. Denmark: I think I missed all of their matches lol.
25. Greece: pretty dismal for the 2004 Euro champs.
26. Italy: Very poor. My heart went out to them as my 2nd fav team, but they deserved what they got.
27. Nigeria: Dismal
28. Algeria: Didn't expect much from them tbh.
29. France: Worst display for a European power since..well...their 2002 display:P
30. Honduras: Hey they got a point against the only team that beat Spain. Didn't expect much tbh.
31. Cameroon: Horrible dissapointment
32. Korea DPR: everyone thought they would get last place....and they got last place....no suprise at all.