Why do many Americans refer to Spaniards & Italians as "less" White than northern europeans?

Throughout my lifetime I have encountered native Spaniards and Italians and those people are without a doubt White! Americans in general need to travel ouside their enclosed U.S.A bubble and travel to Spain and Italy.Being there with the native southern europeans will expand their racial awareness. Native southern... show more Throughout my lifetime I have encountered native Spaniards and Italians and those people are without a doubt White! Americans in general need to travel ouside their enclosed U.S.A bubble and travel to Spain and Italy.Being there with the native southern europeans will expand their racial awareness. Native southern europeans are the SAME race as northern europeans which is White.