Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 9 years ago

Good video editing software for mac?

Hey, so I'm looking for a good video editing software for Mac. I have Imovie 09, but I want one with a lot of effects. And Final Cut Pro is too complicated. Are there any that aren't complicated and have a lot of effects?

And more more question, what is Final Cut Studio like? :)

THANKS! x

• Toby
    Best Answer

Here's the thing about that. Video editing with lots of effects is a complicated thing. Among video editors with lots of effects, Final Cut Pro is relatively easy. I suggest that you go to YouTube and search for Final Cut Pro tutorials.

• Glenn

I have to agree with Toby. While FC may be more complicated than Movie Maker and iMovie, there is little in between that will get you what you want. You can try Final Cut Express, too. It's a little step down from Pro. A good app that has lots of controls and effects isn't going to be easy to use (like just pushing a few buttons and you have a movie. You need to take the time to learn the software of you will be stuck using a entry-level app that is easy to use. Once you start the learning process, you'll be surprised at how easy it is to pick up. If you really want to learn it, it'll go quickly and will be fun to do. You will need books and video tutorials.

Another video editing app that has a Mac version is Adobe Premiere. It is equally complicated but, in my opinion, a little better (for my uses). Adobe After Effects is not a video editor and is in fact more complicated since it is a different type of app (compositor) than a video editing app.

The best part about editing apps is that they are all basically the same. From the free and cheap ones to the pro-level ones, they all have the same basic layout and function. The difference is in the significant increase in the level of control and the features that are included.

Source(s): Premiere pro, After Effects pro, Final Cut Pro, Avid Express pro

There's a compromise program available for the Mac, that's Final Cut Express. It's sort of the consumer version of Final Cut Pro/Studio, which is intended for professionals in the video editing field. It's also very expensive.

You can buy Final Cut Express from any Apple store, or on-line directly from the Apple website. You might also see if Amazon.com has it.

There are also a couple of books available to help you learn how to use it. Any good video editing program is going to be somewhat complex, by its very nature.

• June

the best editing software for mac is simply imovie. its so easy and simple, and comes with the mac. no matter what camera, ust hook it up to your computer and you could use footage from that. its so easy to use once you get used to it and is great for youtube videos, school presentations, and so much more hoped this helped oh yeah and btw to get it just click the star with the video camera on it in your dock. if its not in oyur dock type into your spotlight(the magnifying glass on the top right corner of you screen) imovie and click on the one that says applications

I think after effects is the best video editing software but im not sure it will work with mac or not

You may try this all-in-one mac media pack, I always use it to edit video and convert DVD, it's easy to use and works pretty well for me.

http://www.mac-dvd.com/ultimate-dvd-video-converte...

Hope it helps. Contact me if you have any other question about Mac.