?
Lv 4
? asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 10 years ago

video game question: in modern warfare 2, what does the 'tactical knife' attachment do?

because i unlocked it for my usp, and i equipped it but my knifing doesn't seem to be any different. Do i have to press a different button, because my knifing speed still seems the same.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The ability to knife faster and frequently more advantageous in close quarters combat. Some players will combine the Tactical Knife with Marathon, Lightweight or Cold-Blooded, and Commando or Ninja perks to create a fast, specialized melee class. This is often looked down at by other players.

so they can quickly knife the enemies who try to knife them. As well as counter other Riot Shield users, since flanking their side is easier with the Tactical Knife than it is with a Shield. The logic behind having a Tactical Knife and a Riot Shield is simply for better melee versatility, considering the Riot Shield is a two-hit kill unlike the Tactical Knife. However, this setup is rather useless in Hardcore game modes because of the reduced health system, the Riot Shield is an instant kill.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

The tactical knife speeds up you knifing (i think 2x as fast) because your knife is right under your gun, you have no need 2 pull it out (thats what she said XDDD) every time you knife someone. As someone else already said ppl will combine this faster knifing with Marathon, Lightweight or Cold-blooded, and Commando or (the less used) Ninja. This way you can fly around the map and shank ppl when they dont even see you. Also in game modes like headquarters, you can flank behind them and kill the whole team (if there near the HQ) and kill them all. they wont even notice because they are most likely focused on capturing the HQ. by the time they notice it is too late.

Hope this helped you :p

Source(s): ive used the tact knife alot XD
  • 10 years ago

The knifing is twice as fast. You just won't notice the difference until you switch back to normal knifing.

• 10 years ago

its supposed to be faster but it stll cant beat the akimbo unlock akimbo its faster

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.