What are examples of elites?

I am doing a summer assignment for my AP Government and Politics class. I have to make an outline and I came across the term elite and was wondering if there were any specific examples.

I know elites are people who possess a disproportionate share of a valued source.

Could some examples be capitalists, corporate leaders, top military officers, or elected officials? Thanks so much

Just to clarify I am going to be a sophmore in High School so I don't have that much knowledge of Politics

Favorite Answer

nunciation: \ā-ˈlēt, i-, ē-\

Function: noun

Etymology: French élite, from Old French eslite, from feminine of eslit, past participle of eslire to choose, from Latin eligere

Date: 1823

1 a singular or plural in construction : the choice part : cream <the elite of the entertainment world> b singular or plural in construction : the best of a class <superachievers who dominate the computer elite — Marilyn Chase> c singular or plural in construction : the socially superior part of society <how the elite live — A P World> <how the French-speaking elite…was changing — Economist>

{d : a group of persons who by virtue of position or education exercise much power or influence <members of the ruling elite> <the intellectual elites of the country> e : a member of such an elite —usually used in plural}

<the elites …, pursuing their studies in Europe — Robert Wernick>

2 : a typewriter type providing 12 characters to the linear inch

— elite adjective

The Nicky Hilton family. the Kennedies. Kobe Bryant. The top 5% of income earners in the countyr. In other countries, the largest land owners. They like to stay well under the radar of the media.

Bilderberg members

All the homo-satan worshippers at Bohemian Grove

The Federal Reserve bankers

• Barack "millhouse" Obama

Nancy "Stretch" Pelosi

Harry "the body odor" Reid

Hillary "Rotten" Clinton aka "her thighness"

BJ Clinton

John Kerry

All elitist snobs.