What are examples of elites?

I am doing a summer assignment for my AP Government and Politics class. I have to make an outline and I came across the term elite and was wondering if there were any specific examples.

I know elites are people who possess a disproportionate share of a valued source.

Could some examples be capitalists, corporate leaders, top military officers, or elected officials? Thanks so much

Update:

Just to clarify I am going to be a sophmore in High School so I don't have that much knowledge of Politics

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

nunciation: \ā-ˈlēt, i-, ē-\

Function: noun

Etymology: French élite, from Old French eslite, from feminine of eslit, past participle of eslire to choose, from Latin eligere

Date: 1823

1 a singular or plural in construction : the choice part : cream <the elite of the entertainment world> b singular or plural in construction : the best of a class <superachievers who dominate the computer elite — Marilyn Chase> c singular or plural in construction : the socially superior part of society <how the elite live — A P World> <how the French-speaking elite…was changing — Economist>

{d : a group of persons who by virtue of position or education exercise much power or influence <members of the ruling elite> <the intellectual elites of the country> e : a member of such an elite —usually used in plural}

<the elites …, pursuing their studies in Europe — Robert Wernick>

2 : a typewriter type providing 12 characters to the linear inch

— elite adjective

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

The Nicky Hilton family. the Kennedies. Kobe Bryant. The top 5% of income earners in the countyr. In other countries, the largest land owners. They like to stay well under the radar of the media.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Bilderberg members

All the homo-satan worshippers at Bohemian Grove

The Federal Reserve bankers

• Barack "millhouse" Obama

Nancy "Stretch" Pelosi

Harry "the body odor" Reid

Hillary "Rotten" Clinton aka "her thighness"

BJ Clinton

John Kerry

All elitist snobs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.