I gave my ex a letter, now what?

My ex and I broke up about a week ago because he feels like right now isn't the best time to have a girlfriend because he just got discharged from the military, he doesn't have a job, and he doesn't have a car. He feels like he needs to focus on getting his life together instead of being in a... show more My ex and I broke up about a week ago because he feels like right now isn't the best time to have a girlfriend because he just got discharged from the military, he doesn't have a job, and he doesn't have a car. He feels like he needs to focus on getting his life together instead of being in a relationship. I feel like we both got into this relationship knowing the circumstances, and we shouldn't break up just because he needs to get going, but we should encourage each other and help each other out. Why let someone you care about slip away? So I wrote him a note explaining that I understand why he broke up with me, my point of view, and that if he wants to talk he can come to me and talk. I gave it to his sister to give to him, because he was camping and I didn't know when I'd be able to give it to him. She texted me and said that he didn't say anything when she gave it to him, and he still hadn't said anything after she gave it to him, so she doesn't know if he read it. What do I do now? Do you think he would have read it? Do I just continue to give him his space and hopefully he'll come around or whatever?
3 answers 3