promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

If God made us male and female, is a sex-change operation possible?

Genesis 1:27 reports, "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them."

Jesus affirmed this creation event. Mark 10:6. "But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female.'"

If God makes each of us either male or female, is it possible to change one's sex?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The sex of an individual is determined by the DNA and so any operation performed such as this is merely cosmetic. There are a few people with damaged DNA who are born with traits of both sexes and doctors may be able to operate on them, usually as a child, so that they can live a normal life, but that's different than what you are asking about.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

God created man and a woman. So in the normal way we are one of them only.

In these cases there are abnormal developments where while the mind and brain is that of a woman, the body develops as a man , especially the genital is So what in sex operations happens that they change these to make them in accordance with the mind. It is finally the mind and brain that makes the person and not the body in itself. That is why sex-operation is possible, and that is why people like these describe themselves as being in a cage because they think and feel like a woman while their body is more like that of a man. Gods looks at the soul which is the mind and will and not at the sex.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

To me a sex-change operation would be an abomination to God unless the person really needed it for medical reasons. I knew a girl who had been raised a boy just because she had a penis so her parents thought she would fit in better with the boys naturally. The problem was, she also had a vagina, and she started to develop breasts and this caused her terrible embarrassment in the boys gym, and all the time. She started to wear somehing to hold herself in so her developing breasts would not be noticeable. But finally when she was on her own, she took a stand for herself and decided to become a woman instead. She got the male organs taken off and she never regretted it and she is happy now and last I knew she had a boy friend and they were planning on marriage and she was very happy with it all.

God knows all our individual problems and he will judge everything under the sun in the end righteously.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Interesting perspective. I naturally agree with Alan Hopewell with his response of "no". I believe it's just a matter of time until other 'instinctual' and 'natural' behaviors become promoted like anger dispositions, impatience, ignorance, etc. This always goes back to "What if a killer is born a killer, is it wrong?" Of course it is.

Notions of 'right' and 'wrong' come from the Creator, not us. I say all of us need to stop running and hiding from our iniquities and correct them head on. I'm thankful I am also a 'man' born in a 'man's' body. However, I have natural tendencies just like everyone else I was born with that I 'want to do something' yet know 'not to do it' and work to correct each of them. We all have our own strengths and weaknesses, struggles and battles.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Long answer short.

God created man and woman; God blessed them and told them to procreate. If someone undergoes “sex-change” are they still able to procreate as God commissioned or are they also changing their capability to fulfil Gods’ intended role for their life?

In other words, are the changes simply cosmetic or do they go right to the core of one’s being? You can change the outward appearance but you are still male or female inside. But you can't change how God made you.

God bless, thanks for asking <)))><

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

What God has joined together we put asunder, so why not? More seriously, gender is a medical (physical and psychological) problem for some people. Take the life that God has given you and make the best of it as male or female.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Its would be like asking, does a person with sex changed dream about him/herself a gender before being changed? Does it matter. I think it does, a whole lot.

• 10 years ago

Certainly not; all so-called "gender reassignment" does is to mutilate the body. The mental concept of "a woman trapped in a man's body", or vice versa, is a distortion caused by the sin nature.

Source(s): The Bible, King James Version.
  • 10 years ago

It is true that when God created man and then woman he said it was "very good." God blessed them and told them to procreate. But since sin entered into the world, humanity has been suffering the consequences, including sickness, disease and, ultimately, death. All sorts of things have started to go wrong with our DNA and serious problems arise as a direct consequence.

What constitutes being male or female – is it simply genetics, biology and organs? Or is there more to gender than simply the reproductive organs we're born with? What medical and scientific explanations are there for babies who are born with both male and female sexual organs (or characteristics of both organs)? And is it necessary to conduct chromosome analysis in order to establish the true sex of a baby, regardless of visual evidence of sex?

The dictionary definition of Hermaphrodite is a "Human being or animal combining characteristics of both sexes; animal having normally both male and female sexual organs, e.g. earthworm; plant in which same flower has stamens and pistils."

With earthworms, this is designed by the Creator as a normal function, also with plants. With humans it is a dysfunction - a bad case of DNA gone wrong. This very rarely occurs, but in the vast majority that do, the sex organs are undeveloped and cannot function properly. It is not normal.

Male babies obtain their Y chromosome from the biological father. That is what determines a male child, as opposed to a female child. Any child born with one Y chromosome is a male child, no matter what physical problems there might be, or how that child grows up to think about itself. Several things can contribute towards confusion as to how a child feels about its sexuality. Pregnant women can be ingesting phthalates, which are also in certain plastics (e.g. in babies bottles) and these promote feminising hormones in children. Little girls are not adversely affected by phthalates in regard to their nature, but little boys can begin to display more feminine qualities. Also, we have massive media presentation of 'gender issues' and the doctrine that homosexuality, lesbianism and all sorts of sexual practices are perfectly normal - desirable, even. This has a huge impact on how teenagers develop with regard to how they view sexuality in general, and their own sexuality in particular. It is a recipe for confusion. Chromosome analysis will determine the true sex of a baby, regardless of visual or emotional leanings.

Finally, on a spiritual note, the fact that Jesus, the Word of God, was male does not entitle us to draw any conclusions as to gender in God. Sexuality is biological, applicable to a nephesh (a living soul or an animated body) but utterly alien to one who is pure spirit. Jesus pointed out that, in the resurrection, there is no marriage union because the resurrected people are as the angels in heaven. Human sexuality is unique. It is a biological gift that develops after the foetus reaches a certain point of development, because, initially, the foetus is neither male nor female, but if the Y chromosome is present, that baby will be a male child.

The difficulty lies, not in God's creation, but in the effects of sin upon humanity. The whole of creation is groaning under the weight of sin, and only God's eternal plan of salvation will restore us to 'ease' - which is the opposite of 'disease'.

• Arggg
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

If you believe there are only two sexes, then I can't answer that. But I believe there is a whole spectrum of genders. If a big, hairy man feels like a woman inside, it's because there's something awry with his body chemistry and physiology, often something that can't be changed. So is he a man or a woman? I believe he is a woman. I think it's cruel to tell him to live a lie. I just feel lucky that I'm a woman born in a woman's body.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.