I'm looking for an old tv movie probably made in the late 80's or early 90's?

Can anyone help? I don't know why this has been bugging me for years, but I keep trying to find a really old children's fantasy movie that I believe was a tv production. I vaguely remember but I believe it starts out with two young kids, siblings possibly, and they go searching for the end of the rainbow, they find a pot of gold, and if im not mistaken run into a leprechaun.... fast forward, one of the kids gets lost and ends up in this fantasy world where mystical creatures live, there's a King and queen and the other sibling tries to find her brother but he cant leave this world.... that's all I've got. I know it's a real movie and not some dream haha.

If anyone at all happened to have watched this movie, I'd appreciate a response!! :)

Favorite Answer

This is a wild guess, as there are a number of possibilities:

Behind the Waterfall (1995)

starring Gary Burghoff, Luke Baird, Alyssa Hansen, Hollis McCarthy, Gena Gale Burghoff

IMDb review:

The movie isn't just about Irish folk tales. It's the story of a young boy whose family moves to a small town after his father's death. Who better to help him in his new surroundings than Alex, a local girl? The two children spend the summer with an elderly Irishman named Mr. Connors, and they learn to look at the world around them with a new view. The young boy has a sister who is having trouble in their new home, especially frustrated by the lack of malls. There are funny little moments, such as fairy rings, where one could get stuck dancing for seven years, or so says Mr. Connors. Everything seems to be going smoothly until their friend has a heart attack. The young boy figures out a way to save him by finding an old flute that Mr. Conners had stolen from him, one now in the possession of the fairy king, sending the children on a mystical quest.

Here's Part 1 on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET_8q3RFBHk

Youtube thumbnail