Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

How exactly does God give life meaning?

People are quick to claim that without God life has no meaning, but don't seem to be so quick to say just what meaning God provides.

Thanks in advance.

• Best Answer

I actually did a great deal of pondering over this very question. I heard the arguments for how God gives life meaning, and also how God doesn't give it meaning but rather purpose. I find them lacking.

Normally, my mind wanders to those individuals that did not have God in their lives but gave us wonderful things. Literature written by atheists, medicinal cures discovered by atheists for examples. Even without having God in their lives I would never say that their lives were meaningless or purposeless. If this were the case then theists that believe that a life only has meaning if the person accepts God in to it would be telling every atheist that they may as well kill themselves.

A mother who does not have God in her life is not meaningless in the lives of her children. Every life holds a meaning and weight.

The best I can figure is that there are those that would accomplish so very little in their lives and affect such a small amount of the world around them that they believe that if not for God their existence would have been pointless. I suppose that could be one of the reasons. As for me, I believe we are all a part of this universe regardless of our position in it so we each hold some meaning within us.

Source(s): Transcendental Christian Mystic

Maybe 'purpose' should be the operative word here. A lot of people go about like hamsters on the wheel, pursuin' their own selfish lives, then discover LOVE with all that He entails, and want to begin to live for Him and serve others, from this Source of Love. A divine encounter with God, can and does transform a wounded life into a new one.

Have you ever questioned why people who had everything still feels unsatisfied or there something still missing in there life, why they are still doing things even stupid things just to be satisfied? Its because they have no God, for they chose Material things to be there God.

Thats the difference between people who believe in God. For them they have the satisfaction that faith gave them... the benefits they can sleep every night without thinking of problems because God will help them. God gives them the assurance that everything will be alright...how that happened its FAITH and believing in God gives you a reason for your existence and what you need to do in your life!

God provides it all. Only people who have faith are blessed to know God's greatness and glory.

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.-Galatians 2:20

he provides the truth of life

he created us he gave us purpose

he guides us and we follow god

I lot of the answers I get are that he is spying on them and that gives meaning

Source(s): idk
  • He gave you YOUR life! without God life would be meaningless!

• GODDIDIT!

(yeah this answer always makes sense.....NOT)