Senior High School vs. High School?

Whats the difference between senior high school & just high school..? if someone graduated from senior high school in '99, how old would that make them?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Junior High - Usually grades 6-8

Senior High school - Usually Grades 9-12

• Jenny
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Senior High school is the exact same thing as High school, just a different name. Like in my town we have Austin Senior high (high school) and Austin junior high (middle school).

• J.
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

Senior High School is another name for High School.

I.E. Junior High School = 6th - 8th grade

Senior High School = 9th -12th grade

Some school districts star middle school at 5th grade and/or high school at 10th grade.

Someone who graduated High School is usually 18. Therefore, if they graduated in 1999, they would now be 29.

Source(s): Graduated in 1999
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

To the first poster... yes, senior high school exists. Sr. High is what most people think of as high school, whereas Jr. High is seventh and eighth grade--you do highschoolish things, but in a small building, and at age 12.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

In my school district, Jr. High was grades 7-9 and

Sr.High School was 10-12

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

"Senior High School" is the same as "High School." Some schools just add this into their name to distinguish themselves from a "Junior High School."

• 10 years ago

... wow there is no such thing as senior high school. at least not in the states. they probably ment they were a senior in high school. if they graduated in '99 and were 17-19 then now they would be 28-30.

Source(s): not being ignorant
  • 9 years ago

It's the exact same thing

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.