Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesLexus · 9 years ago

Cadillac STS or Lexus GS300?

I'm looking for a RELIABLE car, which I can drive mostly all day (i'm a real estate agent). Which one is better in reliability? The car will probably get 30-35k km's a year. I'm looking at 2006 and 2007 models for both. No more as the price would exceed $24k. The mileage for both cars would be around 60-85k km's. So, which is more reliable? I can find better deals on the STS in terms of year and mileage, but the GS300 catches my attention more. I really need a reliable car, and I know a lot of people say lexus is very reliable, as it's made by Toyota. Please help me, i need to make a decision. Thanks, long and well explained answers would be a pleasure to read. Thanks for your time once again!

Best Answer

Oh God please don't purchase a STS, it is a big car and very difficult to control around the bend. The GS would really serve your purpose. if your a real estate agent, you would look alot better in a Lexus than a Cadillac, the STS is a grandpa car.

reliability Lexus is better, Lexus is pretty much serving all your needs. GS is a cool looking car as well.

Lexus < Cadillac

Source(s): Previous owner of Cadillac STS-V, one of the most UNNOTICIBLE CARS just like the CTS V, nobody cares about it, I have M3 RS4 C63 even the IS-F pull up next to me and they got more attention than my supercharged bad boy. i hated every moment of that car, too long, boring to drive, engine seriously unreliable (wouldn't start up) filed a lawsuit against GM and now purchased the Audi RS4 Lexus LS600h L owner Acura TSX owner next car, Infiniti G37S coming soon.... NO AMERICAN CARS IN MY GARAGE

Lexus models have had three recalls for serious safety defects in recent weeks:

1) faulty engines which cause stalling while in motion,

2) leaky gas tanks which could explode with even minimal impact, and

3) just this week (along with half a million Avalons and Land Cruisers) defective steering lock bars which could loosen or break while driving and cause complete loss of steering.

Enough said?

Cadillac STS not really sure, but be wary about Lexus dont believe the myth of reliability I reccomend www.jdpower.com alot of people will tell you Cadillac sucks but its really TRULY a myth, for instance if you wanted an 07 Cadillac DTS that car was rated highest reliability/durablity in its CLASS.... yet people will tell you Cadillac is bad, anyways why not an 08 CTS? motor trend car of year I believe back then. stands out and very nice interior, but then again I noticed you are saying miles in km and not miles, so you may be in europe and Cadillac Europe isant Cadillac America so if your in Europe prolly the lexus

I have owned both Lexus and Cadillac and find the Cadillac to be far more reliable. As a Realtor you also must consider that many of your clients will be six feet tall and higher and the Lexus simply does not have the head room for this. I sold my Lexus because I am six feet tall and even with the seat in the lowest possible position my head touched the ceiling and the dealer said nothing could be done about it.

Finally as a Realtor you have to consider how unreasonable people can be, you will have many clients that won't mention anything about the Lexus BUT will buy their home form another Realtor Just because you aren't driving an American car.

Source(s): The Raven

No doubt Lexus is very much reliable and good to opt for. The comfort level it offers is of par excellence. Lexus is equipped with all the latest changes occurring in the field of automobile industry. Further information in this regard can be obtained from the following website. Lexus is the luxury vehicle division of Japanese automaker Toyota Motor Corporation. First introduced in 1989 in the United States, Lexus is now sold globally and has become Japan's largest-selling make of luxury cars. As of 2009, Lexus vehicles are officially marketed in over 70 countries and territories worldwide. The Lexus marque has ranked among the top ten Japanese global brands in market value. The division's world headquarters are located in Toyota, Aichi, Japan, with operational centers in Brussels, Belgium, and Torrance, California, United States.

I found more reliable comfortable and better car Lexus GS300.

Lexus GS300 specification

2,994 cc 3 liters V 6 front engine with 87.4 mm bore

82.8 mm stroke

11.5 compression ratio

Double overhead cam, variable valve timing/camshaft and four valves per cylinder 3GR-FSE

Fuel economy EPA highway (mpg): 30 and EPA city (mpg): 22

Power: 183 kW, 245 HP SAE @ 6,200 rpm; 230 ft lb, 312 Nm @ 3,600 rpm

Cadillac CTS specification

2,792 cc 2.8 liters V 6 front engine with 89 mm bore

74.8 mm stroke

10 compression ratio

Double overhead cam

Variable valve timing/camshaft and four valves per cylinder LP1

Fuel economy EPA highway (mpg): 27 and EPA city (mpg): 17

Power: 157 kW, 210 HP SAE @ 6,500 rpm; 194 ft lb, 263 Nm @ 3,300 rpm

• ?

Lexus GS300 is the best..

by the caddy and you will die because of onstar

by the lexus and you'll be saved by GOD

last time i checked lexus is better than cadillac

so......