Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Why do liberals, who make more money than most people, act like they have to tell the poor what they need?

Meanwhile not giving a thing out of their own wallet to the poor.

That's right:

Aaron Sorkin

Al Franken

Al Gore

Al Sharpton

Alexandra Kerry

Andrei Cherny

Anita Lowey

Anthony Lake

Anthony Romero

Arianna Huffington

Barbara Boxer

Barbara Lee

Ben Bagdikian

Bill Maher

Bill Moyers

Bill Richardson

Carol Mosley-Braun

Caroline Kennedy

Chelsea Clinton

Cheryl Jacques

Christine Gregoire

Chuck Rangel

Cruz Bustamante

David Wu

Debra Rappaport

Dennis Kucinich

Dick Gephardt

Donnie Fowler

Dorothy Ehrlich

Ed Helms

Edward Kennedy

Ellen DeGeneres

Elliot Spitzer

Garrison Keillor

Gavin Newsom

George Stephanopoulos

Geroge Soros

Gray Davis

Harry Reid

Hendrick Hertzberg

Howard Dean

Howard Zinn

Janet Napolitano

Jennifer M. Granholm

Jerry Brown

Jesse Jackson

Jim Jeffords

John Kerry

John Podesta

Jonathan Edwards

John Kenneth Galbraith

Jonathan Soros

Ken Salazar

Keith Olbermann

Kweisi Mfume

Leon Panetta

Leonardo DiCaprio

Louis Menand

Madeline Albright

Margaret Marshall

Mario Cuomo

Martin Sheen

Matt Gonzales

Max Cleland

Michael Huffington

Michael Rappaport

Molly Ivins

Nadine Strossen

Nancy Keenan

Noam Chomsky

Norman Lear

Ralph Neas

Rob Reiner

Robert Greenwald

Robert Redford

Roberta Actenberg

Roger Waters <

Ron Regan Jr.

Ruth Simmons

Seymour M. Hersh

Simon Rosenberg

Stephanie Tubbs-Jones

Stephen Colbert

Steve Wesley

Susan Hockfield

Susan Sarandon

Tavis Smiley

Teresa Heinz-Kerry

Tina Fey

Tom Daschle

Tom Hanks

Vanessa Kerry

Wendy Kopp

Wesley Clark

Willie Brown

Start being more charitable and maybe we could take the "spread the wealth" thing more seriously.

• Jigi
    Best Answer

I pay tax dollars to help the poor. I am not going to give the money to a church so they can use 98% of the money to build a bigger church.

Your statement is false. Most liberals don't make mroe money then the rest of the world. Most of us are struggling to get by from one paycheck to the next. And how do you know that none of the people on your list have not donated time or money to help the poor. And what about all the extremely wealthy conservatives out there that don't care about anyone else but themselves and how they can make more money.

• Umm...these are mostly entertainers. The owners of the richest companies and banks in the world are conservatives. These people on your list are rich no doubt, but conservative bankers loan money to countries. I think you are a little confused. Most of the people on your list don't even make it into the richest 1% of the country, who have 90% of the wealth. Those are conservatives.

I am working hard and am comfortably well off and am happy to pay high taxes to help the poor and sick , because that model of government, gives the highest standards of living and equality as is evident by looking at the countries of Scandinavia.

I have plenty to left to donate to charity, anyway, I work very hard, I am proud of my contribution to society, not begrudging of it. I would feel ashamed if my fellow countrymen underwent hardship or were forced to endure sickness and ill health, because I couldn't give a toss about them or was too tight to pay enough tax.

Source(s): Maybe if you stopped being so miserable and negative and stopped trying to blame other people for your shortcomings and step up to the mark you rightwingers would have happier lives. If you are unhappy about the amount given to charity, maybe you should reconsider your giving, rather than trying to falsely accuse others of not giving, maybe ease up on the generalisations and get real

Wait just a minute all Liberals are poor don't you know that it is only the Conservative Republicans that are rich.

Well that is what the liberals would say.

Don't rightly know why the Democrats thing they know what poor people want are need, haven't a clue.

The liberal machine is out of control they think you can spend the Country out of debt shows you they did not finish school are they failed economics 101 in high school.

really we make more money. Because I'm constantly told that all Liberals are parasites living off the government. Make up your mind. And for your information I do give money to various charities so I'm not he hypocrite in this situation.

Because liberals are hypocrites.

I would love to see your source.

One thing Liberals and Conservatives have in common is that they don't give a **** about the poor.

Let's be fair.

its all part of being liberal, Do As I Say (Not As I Do)