My daughter passport expired since 2007 can she travel to Ireland?

Need to go to Ireland for Wedding my 10yr old passport expire since 2007 can she travel?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Gerd P
    Lv 7
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Whatt the heck is this question all about?

You first state that your daughter's passport expired since 2007.

Then you state that your 10 year passport expires 2007.

Afterwards you ask: "Can she travel"?

This does not make sense at all, sober up and re-ask tomorrow.

Should you still expect an answer now:

British and Irish citizen do not need a passport to travel between their countries. All you need as a valid ID.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/movin... ..

Should you however plan to take a flight on Ryanair a valid passport will be the only acceptable document for Brits and Irish, regardless of age.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/what-travel-do... ..

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

If you or your daughter are relying on an expired passport then don't risk it. Airports require valid photo ID, Ryanair require a valid passport. The ports don't always ask for ID but if they do stop you then you'd best have it of some description, driving licence will do. If your daughter is a minor (under 16) then she needs her own passport, she can no longer be included on your passport.

An out of date passport is about as much use as toilet paper.

• 10 years ago

It depends on where you are travelling from. If you live in the United Kingdom, a passport is not required to visit Ireland, but if you are from anywhere else, you will not be allowed to leave your own country without a current travel document.

• 10 years ago

It depends on how you are getting here & where you're from. If you're from the U.K. you can travel here by sea without a passport. If you are traveling by air Ryanair won't let you travel without a passport. However Aer Lingus & Aer Arann should let you on the plane if you have a photo ID present. I hope you get here and have a nice time!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

You need a passport to get out as well as returning

• John
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

Yes, she just needs to get a new passport.

• 10 years ago

Yes if she travels by boat definitely not with Ryan Air I am not sure about Air lingus They may accept driver licences

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Are you for real of course you have to get a new passport. Or are you one of these british people who still think we are part of the UK. doh.

• Maybe by boat but not by air, if she has a photo I'd driving licence this may substitute but check

• Sal*UK
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Doubtful. Its the getting back into the UK thats the problem!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.