Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

ab asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 decade ago

I want to study criminal behavior possiblly working for the FBI like the TV show Criminal Minds. What Degree?

I want to study criminal minds.

Their behaviors and why they do things but leave my options open.

Incase I would like to do Social Work or something along those lines. What degree program should I be in?

4 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    TV is not real. The degree you want is criminal sociology and maybe a psychology degree to be a profiler. Remember, what you see on TV is NOT in anyway real.

  • 1 decade ago

    THere is many many years of studies to be a criminal behaviorist. A minimum of 4 years (BA) to get into the FBI, and I think you need another 2-4 years for being in a specialized field.

    You need physcology, social sciences, you need to learn a foriegn language fluently, math, english, and many more.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    as the doorstop said, tv is not real. profilers study psychology, behavioral profiling or criminal investigative analysis.

    a simple read

  • 1 decade ago

    psychology would be a good one

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.