How will a therapist act if I tell them about my suicidal thoughts?

I have decided to go see a therapist tomorrow about some problems I have. I am scared to tell them that I have been having suicidal thoughts for a while. Sometimes they get pretty bad, but I have never acted on them. I have thought about how I will do it and where I would do it, and I think about it quite often.... show more I have decided to go see a therapist tomorrow about some problems I have. I am scared to tell them that I have been having suicidal thoughts for a while. Sometimes they get pretty bad, but I have never acted on them. I have thought about how I will do it and where I would do it, and I think about it quite often.

Should I tell the therapist? If I should, do I just come out and say it or wait and see if they ask me? Also, how will they react, I'm not going to tell them if I end up in the hospital or if they tell my family?

I am 19 years old and I am male.