Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsEngineering · 1 decade ago

How to change dimensions in autocad from cm to mm?

I have dimensioned a drawing but they have all come up in cm and i want them in mm

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Bong
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Before you begin drawing in model space, you determine the unit of measurement (drawing units) that you plan to use.. You draw to true dimensions. You decide what each unit on the screen represents, such as an inch, a millimeter, a kilometer, or some other unit of measurement.. In other words, its only in your mind. However, you can change a dimension style according to your needs. Do this:

1. type d in the command line->hit Enter or spacebar. Dimension style manager opens up.

2. Note your current dimension style used. Click "modify".

3. In the "primary units" tab, find the suffix or prefix box. Type mm, add space before it.

4. If you need to change the value from cm to mm, the scale factor will be 10, put this value in the "scale factor" box. If your dimension is 7.82 cm, for example, it will become 78.2 mm. Hit OK and close the "dimension style manager."

Source(s): Autocad Help: Draw, Scale and Annotate in Model Space
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How to change dimensions in autocad from cm to mm?

I have dimensioned a drawing but they have all come up in cm and i want them in mm

Source(s): change dimensions autocad cm mm: https://tr.im/Xnfbu
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Depending on Which Auto-Cad Year your using, I can tell you More details.

In many cases, you'll try to type " Units " > " Enter " To take you to a window to change your Units.

But for Dimensions... You'll have to go into dimension option Modifying the Units in there and then setting the Dimension Current. Most likely, you'll have to redraw your dimensions, if already drawn, to see the changes.

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Cm To Millimeters

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

When you have been pulling largely from photos and want to elevate your sport to the next stage, this https://tr.im/9BPai , Realistic Pencil Portrait Mastery guide is unquestionably a buy you might want to consider.  If you should be seeking to have the ability to draw the human mind and experience in 3 dimensions from your mind, search elsewhere.

Realistic Pencil Portrait Mastery eBook  comprises of 208 pages, 605 delineations, and high determination images to offer for you orderly aides that you can learn to bring images at home.

• 4 years ago

Source(s): Pencil Portraits Course http://emuy.info/RealisticPencilPortrait/?tH5T
  • 4 years ago

Centimeter To Millimeter

• 6 years ago

Woh! very easy

In Demension style box > Primary unit > at scale factor = a x 0.1 > ok

www.autocadtip.com

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Very good question, hope we will get some good answers

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.