My wife lack discipline, how to improve?

She won't cook my favorite dishes, sometimes she forgets to wash the clothes that I need and keeps talking when she's not supposed to. I don't know what to do with her anymore. I am not an old fashioned or chauvinistic kind of guy but I think women need to serve their men in the most efficient way, if they can't fulfill their purpose they need to be corrected by all means necessary. Here's what bothers me about her for instance: Yesterday she went grocery shopping and she came back home one hour late, now, she knows exactly what time I want to have dinner and I do expect her to be sharp and precise. Well, I didn't let her eat as punishment and I warned her if that ever happens again it will be a full day without a meal. I bought her a car for her to be punctual, I didn't get her a car just to hike around. Since I am the one who brings money home, don't I deserve some respect? I don't want to sound like a control freak but I come from the US Navy and naturally I am very strict on discipline by habit. I would never hit her because I am against that sort of correction but I need some advices on how to set her straight.

Thanks a lot in advance.

• alec39

1) Get off your lazy ass and learn how to cook and make dinner yourself she's not your slave she's your wife

2) Why don't you help her out by doing the laundry maybe she's tired and needs a break after a hard day?

3) You keep her from eating are you kidding me? I don't know any woman who would put up with your b.s. for 5 minutes ordering her not to eat anything for a whole day or two what is that??

Your wife has extremely poor taste in men to pick you as her husband! You must be troll because the math in my mind just doesn't add up her making a major mistake in you.

Yes you are a control freak! You are controlling and bossy and rude!! In the end all you are going to do is driver her away! She won't driver herself because when she walks out on you she will want nothing more to do with you. You need to remember she is your partner not your employee or charge. She is there to stand beside you, she is there to work with you not for you. She most certainly is not there to be your slave. If you want someone like that then you need to hire a cook and maid and push them around. She is doing nothing wrong!!!! You need to look in the mirror and see that you are the one that needs to be "fixed". Back-off of her, be kind and remember she is not in the Navy so only live with someone who is. You need to go out right now get some flowers and hand them to her while you apologize for being so bossy, demanding and disrespectful.

• Jackie

You need to work on your self first. You need to separate your navy days from being married. I'm sure in the navy you were quite obedient, and you were not the boss. Now that you're married you want to be the boss, and your wife one of the enlisted under you. Sorry, it don't work that way. When you got married you went into a partnership with your mate. In a partnership you work together, not one dominating the other. So your wife has a few flaws. No one is perfect, and that includes you.

• Marriage is a partnership, Ask her to cook your favorite dishes, wash your own clothes she's not your mother, and she may speak whenever she feels like it. Women are not slaves, and your wife should be able to go out as she pleases. And to use the excuse and disrespect armed servicemen and WOMEN, is wrong by using the Navy as an excuse for your behavior. My husband was in the US Army and he likes structure and order as well, but he doesn't treat me like a slave like your are your wife. You have control issues and your should get help for that, I feel sorry for your wife because if you truely love her you wouldn't abuse her as you are now. Verbal and emotional

I think that you may be asking to much of HER, not saying too much in general, but she might not be that type of person. I feel like you guys did not know each other very well when you got married did you? Did she know that you were this strict and think that you would loosen up after marriage? Did you know that she was more carefree and would tighten up after marriage? You married what you got neither of you are going to change, so I am hoping that you do not have children and you can realize that you both made a mistake and will be more responsible with you next choice.

• Gracie

OMG. You are not there to discipline your wife. She is supposed to be a help mate, not a servant. If you are the only one working, I understand you expect dinner on the table, but I'm sure she had a good reason why she took so long at the store. Just remind her what time you want to eat.

• hoerr

some one needs to 'set you at present'!! have you ever heard of equality? Are you incapable of finding after your self or do you easily want some one to cook dinner for you and confirm you're o.k. 24/7? To be honest i'm bowled over she continues to be with you, i in my view could be out of there at present away! Do you think of she does not have something to do different than wait on your hand and foot? and you think of you're no longer previous shaped? think approximately to be kidding top? She has in basic terms as plenty top to do as she pleases as you do.

• Cooker

As I understand it, you are looking for some advice on how to "set her straight."

Well, I think you would do the lady a huge favor by setting her FREE!!!

You are either a troll or someone every women should avoid at all costs.

Are you serious??? this is a joke right??? what era are you from??? its a wonder she is still with you and dont make excuses about being in the army and all that crap, maybe you need to let her go and advertise in the paper for a house servent...

this must be some kind of joke. if you take food away from her you have issues. im surprised she is still with you for i would be long gone!!!! and yes you are a control freak. marriage is a partnership...not who is bringing the bacon home. i would say more but ofcourse i must obey the rules and regulations for the site....but to me your a joke of a man.