How long after filing and being accepted does it take to receive my first unemployment payment in PA?

I filed and it said I was accepted I even received the state debit card to get the money on. I have filed two bi-weekly claims so i should get three weeks payment. The date filed for enemployment was June 30, 2010 and I still haven't received any payments and today is July, 26, 2010, and I was wondering if anyone knew how long it should take. Any help would be appreciated :) Oh I live in Pa if that matters.

Favorite Answer

It should take 3 weeks tops in a normal situation to get the first check in PA. You file your bi-weekly claims on a Sunday, and the money is in your account that Wednesday. If it's been that long, call the unemployment office tomorrow and check your claim. It's possible that your previous employer is contesting it.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I filed and it said I was accepted I even received the state debit card to get the money on. I have filed two bi-weekly claims so i should get three weeks payment. The date filed for enemployment was June 30, 2010 and I still haven't received any payments and today is July, 26, 2010, and I was...

Source(s): long filing accepted receive unemployment payment pa: https://shortly.im/LXLgw

It seems to me that none of you seem to be out of work and good for you. I have been unemployed for 5 months and have applied for over 200 jobs... anywhere from my current pay to McDonald's. If you really think that cutting off people's money in a time where unemployment in my state alone is over 11% then you are not aware of what is going on in the real world.

Uc.pa.gov Biweekly Claim

Visit www.uc.pa.gov for a list of offices and procedures.

You should have received a notice 10 - 12 days after your initial claim was submitted.

Contact or visit your local office to see what's up.

This advice was prepared based on our understanding of the tax law in effect at the time it was written as it applies to the facts that you provided. Click on my profile to read more. Errol Quinn Enrolled Agent