Asking spiritual people; Is passion/tenderness on the same level as the sex/orgasm?

Sex resulting in orgasm seems very animalistic to me in that is stems from either a desire for physical pleasure, a need to feel wanted, or to pass on genes- either way its animalistic and of the lower. What about having a passionate experience with someone? Laying with someone…gazing into each others... show more Sex resulting in orgasm seems very animalistic to me in that is stems from either a desire for physical pleasure, a need to feel wanted, or to pass on genes- either way its animalistic and of the lower.

What about having a passionate experience with someone? Laying with someone…gazing into each others eyes….caressing someone…soft kisses(not tongue down the throat) all of these not resulting in sexual release. There are documented cases of healing through touch so it seems that the interaction between humans is something that can actually heal the body which is far more important then just a good feeling as like sex.

Do you see these two types of behavior as stemming from the same animal inside or is there a difference between them? Is the ability of touch to heal proof that it has some special powers?

One of the best parts of my world is when I come home, lay down on the ground and my dog comes over and she will lay down so that her body is up against mine..then she will put her neck right on top of mine…and I will pet her and we will just sit there and have a little cuddle fest…We are laying, gazing, caressing, she licks me, i give her little kisses….obviously this is in no way sexual and is exactly the type of interaction I am talking about above. It is just a sharing of unconditional love between two animals but this type of interaction seems far less animalistic and is actually healing to the body and mind. I think I have even heard that people with dogs live longer, like years longer, then those who do not have a pet.

What do you think..? Do you think they both stem from the same lower type of thought??

Thanks
Update: I cant pick a best answer. Thanks all for your great responses :)