If I live in Texas can I get a driver's license from Arkansas?

I'm 17 and I currently live in Texas and I don't want to pay the $300 that it costs for drivers ed. Is it possible to drive up to some other state and just get my license there?

4 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Legally no, you must be a resident in the state you that get your license in. There are ways around it but they are illegal. Also going to another state won't get you around drivers ed. Find a different, cheaper drivers ed class.

  • 1 decade ago

    What are you going to do with a drivers license if you don't have $300 for the class? Car, gas, insurance, repairs... Maybe you should get a bike, dude.

    Seriously though, you will eventually get a ticket for having an out of state license. The state you live in will require you to have a license from that state eventually.

  • 1 decade ago

    Only if you have a mailing address in Arkansas. Otherwise, no.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    no cuz u c round heer we gotz air boatz to ride on. YEEEE HAW!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.