Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 years ago

Why I want to volunteer, how does this sound?

I am a highly original, highly creative person who always thinks outside of the box

I have a college equivalent diplom in visual arts in the enhanced program at the Mayfield and had my artwork featured in the mayfield newspaer where I was chief editor and have been working towards writing my own book on practical philosophy for the non-religious spiritualist. It is a guiding mainframe of principles that one should week to live by.

I have a higher I.Q. than most surgeons. I studied psychology and english at the university of toronto and am very familiar with mental illness as it has effected members of my immediate family, along with intellectual handicaps and epilepsy... I am deeply analytical about social and psyochological issues effecting human nature, and believe that our capacity as human beings is maximized when we engage ourselves in the drama of other people's lives and help them to acheive their goals.

I am extremely sympathetic and compassionate individual who never looks down or despises a homeless or unemployed person that I see on the street. I believe that all life and existence is beautiful and that it is our duty to both see and nurture the beauty of life and in our surroundings. I seek at all times to be inspired, enlightened and envisioned. I believe that every human has value and dignity, that respect is something we should give everybody and not just the ones that earned it, that we are not fully human until we put ourselves in other people's shoes, and that nobody should ever be rejected or discriminated against.

I want to eventually work in an orphanage in south Africa or get involved in other humanitarian projects. The issues that touches me more deeply than anything else is poverty, isolation, personal weakness, struggle and confusion and I believe I must alleviate these situations to some degree in order to fulfill my purpose on earth.

Bold, outspoken, and courageously transparent I would be very honored, and humbled if you choose me to volunteer for your cause.

• chieko
    Favorite Answer

i'd move the 4th and 5th paragraphs to the top of your essay. i mean, the point of all this is that you want to volunteer, isn't it? the rest is merely blah-blah-blah...

but to be honest - you come across as a condescenging do-gooder who is more about themselves than about the disadvantaged...

here's a hint: a volunteer is a servant...you serve with humility and grace, considering those you serve to be above you...

phil. 2:3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. 4Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.

5Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:

6Who, being in very nature[a] God,

did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,

7but made himself nothing,

taking the very nature[b] of a servant,

being made in human likeness.

8And being found in appearance as a man,

he humbled himself

and became obedient to death—

even death on a cross!

Most industry house owners welcome an enthusiastic volunteer; nevertheless, in a veterinary medical institution the one predicament probably with legal responsibility coverage. If you're harm by any means, the vet could be accountable. This might be a stumbling block for you. Although, if you're a minor and your mother and father are at the back of you in this they probably equipped to signal a waiver. If you are an grownup, you might signal for your self. Give it a check out. My vet may be my neighbor and they've used a couple of volunteers, adding my son whilst he was once in top university. It's now not that wonderful. It's a well technique to discover out if you happen to desire to pursue veterinary remedy as a profession. Go for it! It under no circumstances hurts to invite. KimF

• Pamela

If you start on the bottom rung of the ladder and get a little dirt on your hands first, I think you may do a good job.

Good blessings to you :-)

Are you serious, because it is replete with errors in grammar?

You know...if they had me write an essay about it, I'd figure they had too many and I'd find a place that needed help a bit more.